Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One MTV visa approved! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One MTV visa approved! :)

So today I decided I wanted to get rid of my First Premier card that I have. (yes I know its bad, but it helped me out a bit) I didn't want to just close it because, although it has a low CL ($250), I like to have a credit card in case of an emergency. So I decided to apply for a cc with NO ANNUAL LIMIT ( I had no balance on the FPcard but I still got a bill every month for seven dollars Smiley Mad I app for the Capital One MTV card and got approved for $500 cl !! Not too high but def better than the First Premier one! I am going to call to close it tomorrow! After this one I wil definately not apply for something for a good while.

A little bit of my credit profile: I am 21, First Premier: $250 cl; Wells Fargo Secured: $300; American Express Zync: $500 (just got it last month!! Smiley Very Happy ); a few late payments in the past; Student Loans (deferred) $7500; Fingerhut $250. 

Thanks to everyone on here, I rarely write but always read!

ps. I know technically it isn't good to close the acct because I will lose the history that comes with it, but I really don't want to be paying so much in fees. What do you guys think?

pps. I don't know how to update my signature thing but when I got the amex card they pulled eq and the letter said I had 613 eq fico

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nick125
Valued Member

Re: Capital One MTV visa approved! :)

Congrats on the new cards!

In my opinion, there's no card that's worth a $7/month fee (well, aside from high-end cards, like CSP, but that's different)...especially with a $250 CL, so I'd definitely agree with getting rid of First Premier! Especially now that you have much better cards.

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 2 of 6
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

jb123set, welcome to the forums!

Closing your 1st Premier will not make it fall off your credit reports. It should stay on for 10 years, so don't worry about that too much.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have that card. You should be in the credit steps program (you'll get a letter about it when your first statement cuts) and if you make your first 5 payments on time, they'll bump you up to $750 Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new card!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

Your close card will still report for 10 years so it will still count in AAOA, so dont worry, by then you will have better cards, congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.