Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Makes Me Sick

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Makes Me Sick

Why not try for a secured card to and start the credit? You can approach your local CU and see if they would give you a secured card. Also you can try for BOA 99/500 or Full Secured card with out hard inq. If you get that card after 9 - 12 months they will make your account unsecure. I think it is a good way to start instead of wasting your time with CapOne. Also you can try for some of the store cards and start building credit. Most of the store cards would graduate to Visa/MC. In this current financial environment all the banks are hesitant to extend credit.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

the problem with cap1, the way their system works doesn't awards loyalty points back in November my first account was over 3.5 years old, decided that I wanted better rewards, apply in the card lab silly $500cl(first account $2K) tiered to use as primary expect I was running of credit in 3 weeks between the statement date and due date, you would think since I've had another account with them 3.5 years they could given me a $100 for a little cushion. but no that's not how they work
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback people but it's a rap with me an Capital 1 its not like there the only Credit Card company out there.
Message 13 of 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Have you tried Hooters? You should be able to get it easily with your scores.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i was just approved for Hooters a few day ago waiting on my card.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now - being two years out of BK - you might want to stick with HSBC (Orchard/Household). Cap1 "normally" keeps VERY good accounting of old accounts and re-establishing credit with them can be a pain.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.