Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Membership Fee Credit

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Capital One Membership Fee Credit

I logged into my cap1 account this morning because my statement cuts today, just wanted to make sure everything looked good $0 balance etc.

It's a secured card  I got last year and I decided to go ahead and keep it 1 more year, so of course they hit my account with the AF right before the statement cut so this balance will report. Smiley Sad

But the strange thing is, the AF is $29, so that fee was on my statement, but they gave me an $8 fee credit, so basically the made my AF $21 instead of $29.  Has anyone had this happen before? Any ideas as to why? Maybe just good management on my part earned me a discount?

Thanks-

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Membership Fee Credit

They are trying to entice you to keep it open as most people probably close the account after a year and take their deposit. It's easy money for them.
Message 2 of 5
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

They did me the same way. I don't understand it, but $8 is $8. I'll take it!

Message 3 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@RTOrockstar wrote:

They did me the same way. I don't understand it, but $8 is $8. I'll take it!

Yah I hear ya, seeing how I'd decided to keep the card open for another year anyway, I was glad to see the $8 credit Smiley Very Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Damn, where's my $8??? lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.