Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Multiple Cards and Bonus Question

tag
MyForumName
Established Member

Capital One Multiple Cards and Bonus Question

I have an old Cap One Platinum card that I got years ago. However, I was thinking of applying for the Quicksilver. I have a question though. 1. Will I still get the bonus and 0% APR even if I'm approved, even though I have another C1 card? I know that when I app'd for my BCE, they didn't give me the bonus because I've had an AMEX Gold for 10 years and they didn't offer that to existing card holders. I don't want to PC to the Quicksilver because if I'm going add the card, I might as well get the APR and bonus and since I'm going to garden, I don't care about the HP.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Multiple Cards and Bonus Question

When I opened my 2nd card with cap1 i got the 0% intro offer, but I did apply from an offer I got in the mail specifically saying that was what I would get.

That's odd that Amex didn't give the bonus? I always thought it was about not having that particular card already and it being a new account, not about your other credit lines with them, very odd. Did you apply while logged into your account or was it a response to a solicitation to apply?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 2 of 5
MyForumName
Established Member

I didn't receive an offer for the BCE. I just applied based on their standard offer. However, once I put in my info, I got a disclaimer saying that I was already an AMEX account holder and that I wouldn't be eligible for the promotional $100 plus 15 months 0% APR. It did give me 6 months of 0% APR though.
Message 3 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I had two Cap One platinum cards, and the Sony card and got the zero percent intro deal on all three of them.

Different banks work differently.  Capital One will honor their offer of 0 percent for x months whether you already have a card with them or not. 

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@MyForumName wrote:
I have an old Cap One Platinum card that I got years ago. However, I was thinking of applying for the Quicksilver. I have a question though. 1. Will I still get the bonus and 0% APR even if I'm approved, even though I have another C1 card? I know that when I app'd for my BCE, they didn't give me the bonus because I've had an AMEX Gold for 10 years and they didn't offer that to existing card holders. I don't want to PC to the Quicksilver because if I'm going add the card, I might as well get the APR and bonus and since I'm going to garden, I don't care about the HP.

Just an FYI, it'll be THREE HP's.

I'm not for or against you applying, just wanted you to know that Cap One pulls all three reports. 

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.