Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One.. New Statement

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One.. New Statement

@Chris679 wrote:
In my experience it will report as zero. I can't see any way it could be seen as negative.

Depends on the bank and the card.   On the Wells Fargo rewards card, people are getting called and threatened with closure if their balance becomes a credit (and in many cases WF said it did even when it didn't).  This is because they are looking for people overpaying  or paying "too early" to free up limits for more manufactured spend.  

Shouldn't be such an issue with normal cards with normal banks!

Message 11 of 12
Jamielei24
Contributor

Re: Capital One.. New Statement

Interesting update:

paid the $16.23 (previous posted stated $16.43, sorry), it posted and now I have a $0.01 credit. Apparently paying it right away had something to do with it as they credited my the penny for "interest charge reversed".

My Citibank statment cut today... And $0 balance.  No new  "interest charges " for balance carried from last statement or new charges from March. So I guess I will have that reported. Still confused about Capital One. Also my Amazon pif that statement cut $0 yet no SW even with balance change. Bummed. 

This credit waiting game sucks. Just saying

Thank you everyone that replied!

Equifax 720 (myfico 06/09/14 upgraded)
TU 730 (myfico 06/06/14), TU 730 (Walmart 06/03/14)
Experian 727 (myfico 06/06/14), Experian 712 (PLUS) 06/06/14

NFCU Flagship $17,500, Chase Slate $7,500, Citibank Simplicity $2,400, Capitol One QS $3,750, Walmart $3,000, Old Navy Store Card $3,000, Amazon Store Card $2,000, Target Red Card $1,000, Victoria Secret $1,070, Red Canoe Credit Union (my personal CCU) $2,000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.