Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Now On Samsung Pay

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Now On Samsung Pay

@baller4life wrote:
I haven't had any issues using it. I love the technology. Makes me feel less vulnerable to fraud since my actual card number is changed. May not be true. But, at less the theory makes me feel better. Lol

To be clearer, it usually works for me (I think yesterday was the first issue and I'm sure that trying again would have worked).   But, selecting the card on screen, and fingerprint and holding up the phone...... no time advantage over using the card for me.

Re fraud: I think that is the claim with tokenization.  But with 0 liability, convenience matters more for me!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

You guys own android phones?? Smiley Very Happy

Yep! Team android all the way! 

Me too!!!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
I haven't had any issues using it. I love the technology. Makes me feel less vulnerable to fraud since my actual card number is changed. May not be true. But, at less the theory makes me feel better. Lol

I try to use it as much as I can. I had an issue at CVS last week using it with my Ritz-Carlton card. The error message said my card had a chip so I needed to insert my card. Very strange..... I've never seen this error before.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful with those Samsung phones, folks. Might get a little hot in here. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my note 7 the process is much faster than getting my wallet, getting card, doing chip, waiting forever and then returning my card to my wallet and pocket.

I can access Samsung pay directly from the lock screen, so one swipe, fingerprint and hold, all done.  Literally a 5 second process beginnig to end. For me anyway I can pay and be done faster than a chip card can just get the darn chip read and approved!  Plus it is totally worth it to prove everyone wrong when they say, without fail "That won't work here." Then they look so confused.  I don't live in the sticks by any means but almost without fail they have never seen anyone pay with thier phone. It's been out for two years and no one uses it?

Message 15 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

Just got the notification through Samsung Pay this morning.

Capital One cards are now available.  

It does say "select" cards, So I am sure that means their QS, V, Spark, and Journey product lines only.  It also says you have to have the Capital One Wallet app installed too.

Sounds overdue.   Cap One has been on Apple Pay for quite some time, and Samsung has a huge market share.   As people realize it's a nice alternative to using a chip card, I think these features will become even more important.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.