Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Now On Samsung Pay

tag
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Capital One Now On Samsung Pay

Just got the notification through Samsung Pay this morning.

Capital One cards are now available.  

It does say "select" cards, So I am sure that means their QS, V, Spark, and Journey product lines only.  It also says you have to have the Capital One Wallet app installed too.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Now On Samsung Pay

About time, Even BlissPay beat them, lol.

I use this list (Cap1 still isn't on it).

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00043884/

Message 2 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep about time! Just waiting on Discover now!
Message 3 of 16
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

You guys own android phones?? Smiley Very Happy

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 16
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Yep about time! Just waiting on Discover now!

On a side note, the Marvel card is available for use with Apple Pay maybe it's available with Samsung/Android Pay as well. Not sure if it has been discussed but I was able to add it this week.

Message 5 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

And presumably Samsung phones!  

Message 6 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Yep! Team android all the way! 

Message 7 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Yep! Team android all the way! 

But even though I am a loyal Samsung user (don't mention the Note 7, it's a feature!) I realize I very rarely use Samsung Pay after initially trying it out at lots of place.    When I tried yesterday, it didn't initially work, so was then just easier to insert the card.

Not sure the value proposition is fully there yet....

Message 8 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

I haven't had any issues using it. I love the technology. Makes me feel less vulnerable to fraud since my actual card number is changed. May not be true. But, at less the theory makes me feel better. Lol
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my QS last week (had to exchange note 7 and that required me putting my cards back in) and was surprised when it was able to be added in. I then used it 4 times last week with zero issues.

Side note, I was able to get a second free dunkin donuts $5 card from Samsung pay also, new phone apparently counted as new for the promo so I made $10 for using it. Bought a dozen doughnuts with it too, not too shabby!

Discover announced support for Samsung pay a year ago, yet here I wait. I use Samsung pay everywhere, literally everywhere and have no issues. Cards that support Samsung pay get used more by me by far. The QS purchases were my first in 5 months on that card,all due to Samsung pay support.

Now chase needs to add the IHG card, it's annoying Hyatt works and IHG does not. Barclay's needs to get on board too but they will hold out until the end I'm sure as they want people to use their wallet app.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.