Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - OMG!!!!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Capital One - OMG!!!!!!

Please pass the smelling salts, I'm going to faint.............

My Visa card that I've had since 1999 that has never had a CLI, has just received a

$5000 CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have a $6400 CL with Cap 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I didn't even ask for it. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy (Jumping up and down...)

I guess they DO review accounts!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One - OMG!!!!!!

Wow, congrats! I think we are seeing more and more of these bigger CLIs from Cap One. Awesome stuff!

Message 2 of 46
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Super Congrats!  I'll have to keep an eye on mine also.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 46
mross1080
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! Oh, I'm so giddy!!! I really wasn't expecting this!

I logged in again to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and I found the following in the documents tab:

For your account ending in: xxxx
Dear (tinuviel),
Ready to enjoy more buying power? Well, grab your shopping list and your
Capital One®card because:
Your credit line has been increased by $5,000.00, for a total credit line of
$6,400.00.
Control. Time to take care of that "honey-do" list. Head to the home improvement
store for tools and materials. Or take care of yourself__join a gym and get into
shape. Your credit line increase is ready and waiting. You make the plans, we've
made the spending room.
Save. If you want to unload some higher interest rate balances and possibly
enjoy more time and money for yourself, well__your new credit line can help with
that, too. You decide.
Enjoy. Sit down and make plans for some special celebrations. You deserve it.
Thanks for being our customer. We hope you enjoy your new credit line increase!

So, I guess it's not a mistake. This will do a lot to help with my util. I was going to hang on to Orchard Bank for another year, but now I don't need to spend an AF to hang onto a $400 CL card. So, next month I'll call them up and tell them it's been great, but it's time to say goodbye.

My AF on the Cap1 card comes up in Jan. Perhaps at the end of the year I'll call and ask if they can reduce or waive the AF. It seems to me that, in their eyes, I may have moved up from "average" credit, so perhaps I can get some better terms. Rewards would be wonderful, but at least an AF and/or APR reduction.

Oh, I'm just sooooooo happy!!! Smiley Very Happy

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 46
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

congrats...better late than never Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I logged in again to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and I found the following in the documents tab:

Dear (tinuviel),
$6,400.00.
Control. Time to take care of that "honey-do" list. Head to the home improvement
store for tools and materials. Or take care of yourself__join a gym and get into
shape. Your credit line increase is ready and waiting. You make the plans, we've
made the spending room.
enjoy more time and money for yourself, well__your new credit line can help with
that, too. You decide.

So, I guess it's not a mistake. This will do a lot to help with my util. I was going to hang on to Orchard Bank for another year, but now I don't need to spend an AF to hang onto a $400 CL card. So, next month I'll call them up and tell them it's been great, but it's time to say goodbye.

My AF on the Cap1 card comes up in Jan. Perhaps at the end of the year I'll call and ask if they can reduce or waive the AF. It seems to me that, in their eyes, I may have moved up from "average" credit, so perhaps I can get some better terms. Rewards would be wonderful, but at least an AF and/or APR reduction.

Was this a secured/unsecured card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Dear (tinuviel),
$6,400.00.
made the spending room.
that, too. You decide.

Was this a secured/unsecured card?

Unsecured.

Message 8 of 46
mindacid
Valued Member

That is absolutely out of this world.  Congratulations!

I just got a Cap One No Hassle Rewards MC this year with a tiny $500 CL.  I hope to have similar success to yours one day.  Enjoy!

Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats, that's a great increase (especially from Cap1)! I'm sitting on a measly $750 on my unsecured card from them and all I get is the "accounts are periodically reviewed" or whatever their canned response is when I ask about a CLI. Glad someone's having luck with it WITHOUT having to ask for an increase!

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.