Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - OMG!!!!!!

tag
climbinghigher
Valued Member

Re: Capital One - OMG!!!!!!

Wow! you must be on top of the world. I get frustrated with Cap 1 because of their limits, but they gave me a card 13 years ago when my credit was horrible! It had a 200.00 limit. It has only increased to 1500.00, and a second one has a 750. limit. They have built my scores above 725 and it has been worth it. I have 2 public records that will drop in 9 months. Maybe then I will get increases. Congrats again.

Message 41 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@climbinghigher wrote:

Wow! you must be on top of the world. I get frustrated with Cap 1 because of their limits, but they gave me a card 13 years ago when my credit was horrible! It had a 200.00 limit. It has only increased to 1500.00, and a second one has a 750. limit. They have built my scores above 725 and it has been worth it. I have 2 public records that will drop in 9 months. Maybe then I will get increases. Congrats again.

Thanks. Yes, this has made my whole week! Smiley Happy

The fact is, I didn't deserve a higher CL with them until quite recently. I was not handling my credit well with the CL that I currently had; my util was waaaaay too high. I was constantly maxing out the card and carrying a balance. When we went through a rough patch, I was late on payments -- not a good combination for putting a creditor at ease. Frankly, I'm grateful that Cap1 never cancelled my account. It was OL and past due a little over a year ago; it's had a perfect payment history for the past year and a 0 bal / PIF with monthly usage since November.

A lot of people complain about Cap1, but the problems that I had were of my own making. I changed my credit behavior and they rewarded me; frankly, with the rocky history that I had with this card, I'm surprised that they did this so soon after getting my act together. I hope to continue having a good relationship with them for a long time to come.

Also, I'm hoping that Cap1 may, in general, start to ease up and start granting more CLIs. Perhaps one will come your way soon, as well. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 42 of 46
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Congratulations Tinuviel I remember on one of these Cap One post that you stated that they will show you some love and look they did. I am so happy for you I hope they show me some love as well when I pass my credit steps period. Smiley Happy

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow! I am happy for you but Ive had a card since 2007 and it has been stuck at $500. I called the backdoor number yesterday was told no again. Think I will call the backdoor number some more because I heard that if you call a lot they often give you a CLI. Its at least worth a try

Message 44 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

Congrats!  Awesome news.

For me, seeing this kind of CLI from Cap One is akin to the "must witness one miracle" for Sainthood.

Message 45 of 46
slarano
Frequent Contributor

You should read some of the comments in the "Recon a Recon" thread.
ImageImageImage

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.