cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Odd but what is best option?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Odd but what is best option?

I recently got approved for the Capital One Cash Back Card = 2% gas and Grocery, 1% everything else. I was approved with just TU report, $300 Limit, my other 2 are locked.

Then I saw that the new Spark Cash offers flat out 2% EVERYTHING, No Limit!!! So I applied and got the denial this past week and it said I was only declined because they could not access the other 2 credit reports.... that is fine but it's weird that the other app did go through, I really actually thought I would get denied.

Anyway back to my point and question...

My Partner with amazing credit has a Capital One No Hassle (1% Everything) with $7500 Limit.

1. Why would I get a better card then him?!

2. Can he PC to the Cash Back?

3. or apply for new Spark Business Cash 2%

If I was going to have 1 card that handled everything in life outside of Costco and Target is Spark the best card out right now?

Chase Freedom use to be the go to I think but I don't like Chase and I don't like rotating categories.

Citi Forward, we have chopped out so much from eating out not sure that would be worth the application

Amex Blue Plus for 6% Grocery would probably be the only other that I was thinking of.

So maybe its these 2, Amex Blue Plus or Capital Spark? or do you know of a different card that has the largest reward return without owning 6 different ones!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Odd but what is best option?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I recently got approved for the Capital One Cash Back Card = 2% gas and Grocery, 1% everything else. I was approved with just TU report, $300 Limit, my other 2 are locked.

Then I saw that the new Spark Cash offers flat out 2% EVERYTHING, No Limit!!! So I applied and got the denial this past week and it said I was only declined because they could not access the other 2 credit reports.... that is fine but it's weird that the other app did go through, I really actually thought I would get denied.

Anyway back to my point and question...

My Partner with amazing credit has a Capital One No Hassle (1% Everything) with $7500 Limit.

1. Why would I get a better card then him?!

2. Can he PC to the Cash Back?

3. or apply for new Spark Business Cash 2%

If I was going to have 1 card that handled everything in life outside of Costco and Target is Spark the best card out right now?

Chase Freedom use to be the go to I think but I don't like Chase and I don't like rotating categories.

Citi Forward, we have chopped out so much from eating out not sure that would be worth the application

Amex Blue Plus for 6% Grocery would probably be the only other that I was thinking of.

So maybe its these 2, Amex Blue Plus or Capital Spark? or do you know of a different card that has the largest reward return without owning 6 different ones!!

That one.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Cap1 makes no sense at all. But they only gave you $300 CL on your cash back card and he has a 7500 limit on his, so you might not be able to get mucho cash unfortunately. I hope they will grow your CL but this is cap1, so you might be stuck with a low limit.

I think Amex BCP is your best choice to maximize cash back if you can take advantage of the 6% ~ but this is only grocery stores not target, wal~mart.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Your CL is $300, his is $7500. How is yours better without making multiple payents?

BCP is hard to beat if you spend a lot on groceries and gas.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Your CL is $300, his is $7500. How is yours better without making multiple payents?

Oh No, his card is way better for CL!!! I just meant that it seems weird to me when banks give better rewards to clients with horrible credit and toy limits vs. trying to get the healthier profiles and customers that have potential to spend way more the better products... it's like Cable, My year is up and I lost all my discounts, I now pay $220... a new customer can sign up for 1 year and pay $80 for triple play or about $120 if they were to upgrade to the exact same service as me!

Message 5 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Oh No, his card is way better for CL!!! I just meant that it seems weird to me when banks give better rewards to clients with horrible credit and toy limits vs. trying to get the healthier profiles and customers that have potential to spend way more the better products... it's like Cable, My year is up and I lost all my discounts, I now pay $220... a new customer can sign up for 1 year and pay $80 for triple play or about $120 if they were to upgrade to the exact same service as me!

On the flip side you have a $300 CL. So I dont take it as 'better'. You applied for this card and got it. Maybe your partner just applied for the other one without realizing (or card wasnt offerred when he applied).

And the calbe thing, I never understood it but blame it on 'attracting new customers' at any cost.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.