Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One, One Day Late

tag
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Capital One, One Day Late

I was one day late on my Capital One card.  I've had the card since September.

This'll be a lesson to me, to set up autopay for the minimum payment, atleast.

----------------------

Hoping to step out of the garden at the end of June, and app for unsecured cards.  Would this greatly affect my chances with Capital One?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One, One Day Late

@mechanicaljen wrote:

----------------------

Hoping to step out of the garden at the end of June, and app for unsecured cards.  Would this greatly affect my chances with Capital One?

I make sure to try and pay off statemnt balance as soon as it posts. Just to be safe. I know its not possible for everybody. If you can't pay off statement balance, then i would make sure pay min as soon as statement posts. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 9
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@mechanicaljen wrote:

----------------------

One day shouldn't hurt, to be honest I'd call Cap1 and ask them to overlook that one (if its the only one since Sept).  My DG forgot to pay her Citi card (refuses to use online payment even though I beg and plea with her) after seeing the late fee she was mad but called and they wiped it out.  I'd suggest not letting it happen again. 

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mechanicaljen wrote:

----------------------

This is not going to affect you applying for new credit at banks other than Cap-1, it needs to get to 30 days past due to report to the CRAs. It may internally affect ability for CLIs and new credit with Cap-1 for awhile even if you are able to get them to remove the late fee.

Message 4 of 9
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

working so hard to perfect my credit, these are the kind of things that wake me up in the middle of night with a puddle of sweat next to me.  nightmares

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 5 of 9
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

It was my one and only late.

I stepped out of the garden one month before plan, and applied for a Capital One.  Was approved at $2000, my first unsecured card (besides Fingerhut)

Message 6 of 9
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Secure chat online or call and ask to get it removed. Be Safe not Sorry.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 7 of 9
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

The same thing happened to me, then they gave me a CLI. I guess it increased my odds of using their interest for a large purchase lol.

Message 8 of 9
Harrison0550
New Contributor

Call them and tell them you pay through the mobile app and it would not go through. I had this problem last month. I really was trying to pay through the mobile app and it kept restarting the app. I called the next day and told them I thought it had gone through but after looking on a PC it did not show any pending payments. They apologized for the app error and removed the late fee. 

$1500K$3500K$3000K$1000K$1200K$2500

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.