Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One/Orchard Bank EO Office

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One/Orchard Bank EO Office

@bernhardtra wrote:

You can probably get that PC'd to a Venture card after the complete switch if they don't do it automatically.  When it is in the Capone system you should check to see if there are any offers for it.  You should call back and ask them for rewards if there aren't any on it now.  I have a Household card with rewards and it is actually a good card, not as good as the Discover or Chase card I have, but still OK.  I am hoping for a lower interest rate and a CLI with HSBC with my EO request.  I should be hearing on the CLI tomorrow.  I did not agree to a hard pull and kept firm on that since Capone doesn't require one from their EO and they are supposed to be Capone now, so the policies should still be the same.  Smiley Happy

Good for you, bernhardtra! In retrospect, I should have pushed for a soft, but I was literally trying to get into the parking lot and park at work while holding my phone on my shoulder, plus it was a little early..(yes, 9:30 is early for me XD) Oh well. I think it's a fair trade XD

Definitely gonna look at PCing it. I was thinking about adding rewards, but I'd rather wait. No rush, especially since I'm pounding through purchases on my Chase cards for rewards right now! Thanks for the recommendation though Smiley Happy who knows, maybe if I get in contact with the guy again I'll see what he can do for me Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

You are at the top of my Capone customers hero's list!  I doubt they will match my Compass limit, but even if they get me a little closer to the Capone $3500 limit which distinguishes you from subprime by them, then that is great!  I figure I have about a year before that happens.  I am just so fed up with their silly responses which are actually pretty humorous.  'We keep your credit limit current.'  If you simply look at the English of that it does not actually mean that they keep it current to what other lenders give you or to your score, it could simply mean that they report it on time!  It also doesn't make logical sense when people have a $500 limit and other 'conservative' lenders have extended much higher limits.  My goal with them is to be able to qualify for a new Venture card and use it to get the rewards that come with it.  What happens with it after that point is mute.  Smiley LOL

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 22 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

You are at the top of my Capone customers hero's list!  I doubt they will match my Compass limit, but even if they get me a little closer to the Capone $3500 limit which distinguishes you from subprime by them, then that is great!  I figure I have about a year before that happens.  I am just so fed up with their silly responses which are actually pretty humorous.  'We keep your credit limit current.'  If you simply look at the English of that it does not actually mean that they keep it current to what other lenders give you or to your score, it could simply mean that they report it on time!  It also doesn't make logical sense when people have a $500 limit and other 'conservative' lenders have extended much higher limits.  My goal with them is to be able to qualify for a new Venture card and use it to get the rewards that come with it.  What happens with it after that point is mute.  Smiley LOL

Best of luck with that bernhardtra! I'm sure once you're ready, they'll be able to bump it up in no time! Smiley Wink I do find it a little silly that they say they review the accounts...I have absolutely no clue if they would review my account until the cap one transition due to the fact it was a secured card...but at least I got 'er done!

Message 23 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

Best of luck with that bernhardtra! I'm sure once you're ready, they'll be able to bump it up in no time! Smiley Wink I do find it a little silly that they say they review the accounts...I have absolutely no clue if they would review my account until the cap one transition due to the fact it was a secured card...but at least I got 'er done!

There is truth to what they say.  They say they review accounts on a random basis twice a year.  I think this means that one person two times a year spends one day randomly reviewing accounts.  This probably works out to 1 in every 10,000 accounts.   If they had ever properly reviewed my account I would not have had to file with the BBB about it.  If they had done so I would have had a higher limit and been happy!  I actually wouldn't even have all the accounts I do!  It was their incessant droning and silliness which caused me to get so pissed off that I went on an app spree.  When it continued I did it again.  Now I am happy that I have in so many ways!  I now actually have a Discover and a Chase!  I now have a limit I had never dreamed of!  (Funny thing with that limit is that I will never actually even spend as much in interest that Compass will actually make any money off me!  They gave me 12,500 bonus points and $100 cash back on the card.  Together that equals $200, there is no way I can accrue so much interest on the card that it makes any sense.  I still don't know how some of these companies make money off offering me $100 cash back to get their card!  I don't pay interest!  Well occassionaly I do, but it is not normal.)  I somehow paid $0.26 to Capone and I regret doing it.  I thought that if I gave them a little interest and carried a balance over one month it might allow me to get a CLI, I was wrong!  I sacrificed a pack of Juicy Fruit over that decision.

I doubt they will review it before the transition or maybe right before the transition.  I expect another hard inquiry from them right before they fully convert them over.  This will insure that some of their cardholders remain in the B category with that extra inquiry!  It will also mean that there will be at least one last attempt to make sure that if they feel the need to change some cardholders accounts they can.  (I say some like it really means anything to them!)  I think you will might be one of those where they will have to match that limit to a card that is in line with their product offerings.  Seriously though, I would call them back and explain how that Freedom card has better rewards than the Orchard card and that is important to you!  If they can't do anything now, when it converts you should be able to choose whatever their best card is at that time!  The limit itself demands that!  You should also go to Capone's website and go through their card preselector and see if you already qualify for the Venture card.  It is a soft pull to find out.  If you do qualify for it then it might be worth it to simply get the card and grab those bonus points quickly.  (Just a thought!  There are some nice bonus points on that card!  Once you are a upper tier customer with them they do treat you better.  That's part of my goal.)

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 24 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

There is truth to what they say.  They say they review accounts on a random basis twice a year.  I think this means that one person two times a year spends one day randomly reviewing accounts.  This probably works out to 1 in every 10,000 accounts.   If they had ever properly reviewed my account I would not have had to file with the BBB about it.  If they had done so I would have had a higher limit and been happy!  I actually wouldn't even have all the accounts I do!  It was their incessant droning and silliness which caused me to get so pissed off that I went on an app spree.  When it continued I did it again.  Now I am happy that I have in so many ways!  I now actually have a Discover and a Chase!  I now have a limit I had never dreamed of!  (Funny thing with that limit is that I will never actually even spend as much in interest that Compass will actually make any money off me!  They gave me 12,500 bonus points and $100 cash back on the card.  Together that equals $200, there is no way I can accrue so much interest on the card that it makes any sense.  I still don't know how some of these companies make money off offering me $100 cash back to get their card!  I don't pay interest!  Well occassionaly I do, but it is not normal.)  I somehow paid $0.26 to Capone and I regret doing it.  I thought that if I gave them a little interest and carried a balance over one month it might allow me to get a CLI, I was wrong!  I sacrificed a pack of Juicy Fruit over that decision.

I doubt they will review it before the transition or maybe right before the transition.  I expect another hard inquiry from them right before they fully convert them over.  This will insure that some of their cardholders remain in the B category with that extra inquiry!  It will also mean that there will be at least one last attempt to make sure that if they feel the need to change some cardholders accounts they can.  (I say some like it really means anything to them!)  I think you will might be one of those where they will have to match that limit to a card that is in line with their product offerings.  Seriously though, I would call them back and explain how that Freedom card has better rewards than the Orchard card and that is important to you!  If they can't do anything now, when it converts you should be able to choose whatever their best card is at that time!  The limit itself demands that!  You should also go to Capone's website and go through their card preselector and see if you already qualify for the Venture card.  It is a soft pull to find out.  If you do qualify for it then it might be worth it to simply get the card and grab those bonus points quickly.  (Just a thought!  There are some nice bonus points on that card!  Once you are a upper tier customer with them they do treat you better.  That's part of my goal.)

I certainly hope I can choose an excellent card! I would love the Venture, as long as there's no annual fee Smiley Wink just (hopefully) got mine removed! So nice to have it viewed as a prime card!

I just tried the prequalifier, got nada! Nothing ever comes up for me :/ I did get a pamphlet for it last summer with an invitation code, but I decided not to go ahead with it (actually, now that I think of it, it was the VentureOne they sent me a prequalified/preselected for).

Not looking for any new cards for a longgg time Smiley Happy Want my inquiries to drop off (5 on EX, 1 on TU, 1/2 (depending on if EQ got hit with the HP inquiry), all within the past 2 years). I'll probably need a car in the next 2-4 years, so I want my report to be sparkingly clean for some wonderful APRs Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I certainly hope I can choose an excellent card! I would love the Venture, as long as there's no annual fee Smiley Wink just (hopefully) got mine removed! So nice to have it viewed as a prime card!

I just tried the prequalifier, got nada! Nothing ever comes up for me :/ I did get a pamphlet for it last summer with an invitation code, but I decided not to go ahead with it (actually, now that I think of it, it was the VentureOne they sent me a prequalified/preselected for).

Not looking for any new cards for a longgg time Smiley Happy Want my inquiries to drop off (5 on EX, 1 on TU, 1/2 (depending on if EQ got hit with the HP inquiry), all within the past 2 years). I'll probably need a car in the next 2-4 years, so I want my report to be sparkingly clean for some wonderful APRs Smiley Wink

I can certainly understand that!  I think the reason they don't give you any offers is because you are already a member on the system.  Their rationale is probably that if you knew you qualified for it then you would get it.  If you are paying them an AF then they probably want that AF.  They have a strange business strategy which seems to work for them in some ways.  It also hurts them in others.  I could point out many ways their tactics keep some subprime cardholders at subprime level for longer trapping them as being customers.  Pulling all three bureaus for an initial card insures that a hit is taken on each report, thus lowering all three scores.  Keeping people at low limits also keeps the score low.  Suggesting that they apply for a new card means another 3 bureau hit.  Even if they approve you for the card then your score is lowered.  They know what is going on with each persons credit report, they do so many soft pulls on my report they have a better idea about it than I do!  If I ever were to be 30 days late, they would be the first company to block my cards.  (However that is not going to happen!  I have more money saved than I have outstanding, in fact I have more money saved than my credit limits!)

Congrats again and good luck, but also if you are thinking of a car in the future even if you applied now the inquiry would be off in 2 years.  I too am blocked from the preselector site and yet I get offers from Citi and Chase all the time!  (Which are much more conservative lenders than Capone.)

Message 26 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

I can certainly understand that!  I think the reason they don't give you any offers is because you are already a member on the system.  Their rationale is probably that if you knew you qualified for it then you would get it.  If you are paying them an AF then they probably want that AF.  They have a strange business strategy which seems to work for them in some ways.  It also hurts them in others.  I could point out many ways their tactics keep some subprime cardholders at subprime level for longer trapping them as being customers.  Pulling all three bureaus for an initial card insures that a hit is taken on each report, thus lowering all three scores.  Keeping people at low limits also keeps the score low.  Suggesting that they apply for a new card means another 3 bureau hit.  Even if they approve you for the card then your score is lowered.  They know what is going on with each persons credit report, they do so many soft pulls on my report they have a better idea about it than I do!  If I ever were to be 30 days late, they would be the first company to block my cards.  (However that is not going to happen!  I have more money saved than I have outstanding, in fact I have more money saved than my credit limits!)

Congrats again and good luck, but also if you are thinking of a car in the future even if you applied now the inquiry would be off in 2 years.  I too am blocked from the preselector site and yet I get offers from Citi and Chase all the time!  (Which are much more conservative lenders than Capone.)

FINALLY got the call back from the rep confirming the CLI (which I've known since wednesday), as well as a PERMANENT REMOVAL OF MY ANNUAL FEE  Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 30
lazylane
New Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 28 of 30
hpythons

daybreak,

Congrats, did they do a HP on all three bureus?

Message 29 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@hpythons wrote:

daybreak,

Congrats, did they do a HP on all three bureus?

Thanks! And luckily they didn't! Just a HP on EQ!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.