Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One PC 101

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh that's odd. I just haven't seen a MC venture I guess

I think I've counted three on here so far... I can't recall the users off-hand, but one in particular has a pic of the card in his/her signature with the name/number blocked out. 

Not that many people PC to Venture because of the AF, but for some it makes sense.  They are definitely rare birds!  Smiley Very Happy

Venture One, on the other hand, there are lots of those floating around that are MasterCards. (Although I still prefer the QS... but to each his own...)

Well he said my offer is valid until July. What's the rewards with Venture vs QS? I would prefer the cashback I don't no anything about the Venture. Also, what if I do a balance transfer to my Platinum. Will I still be able to PC? I'm sorry I'm high jacking this post. 

A balance transfer shouldn't impact your PC offer at all. 

The QS has 1.5% cash back and you can get a check or a statement credit at any time, no questions asked.  The Venture calls it's rewards "miles", but it's really just 2% cash back, but with the redemption restricted to travel purchases (or gift cards) for the full value - you redeem your rewards against travel purchases you've made.  The Venture also has an AF, so for many people the QS is the best deal. 

However if you spend over $12k per year on the Venture and have travel expenses, it can make sense.

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Oh by the way.... Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Jdana70 wrote

Oh by the way.... Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I've counted three on here so far... I can't recall the users off-hand, but one in particular has a pic of the card in his/her signature with the name/number blocked out. 

Not that many people PC to Venture because of the AF, but for some it makes sense.  They are definitely rare birds!  Smiley Very Happy

Venture One, on the other hand, there are lots of those floating around that are MasterCards. (Although I still prefer the QS... but to each his own...)

I was just offered to PC my QS MC into either a VentureOne or Venture (with annual fee).  Question - doesn't the card have to be open at least 13 months in order to get the offer to PC it to a Venture because of the annual fee that will get added???  Since I already have a Venture VS, I just PC'd it to the VentureOne (I'm attempting the limit is over $5k hopefully it will get issued as a WMC trick).  This card is pretty much unused so the loss in rewards won't even be noticed over the next 6 months until I request to change it back.

Having just one Venture makes sense for me, my annual spend on CC's is at least $20K but not enough sense to have it in both the Visa and MC version.

Message 43 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just offered to PC my QS MC into either a VentureOne or Venture (with annual fee).  Question - doesn't the card have to be open at least 13 months in order to get the offer to PC it to a Venture because of the annual fee that will get added???  Since I already have a Venture VS, I just PC'd it to the VentureOne (I'm attempting the limit is over $5k hopefully it will get issued as a WMC trick).  This card is pretty much unused so the loss in rewards won't even be noticed over the next 6 months until I request to change it back.

Having just one Venture makes sense for me, my annual spend on CC's is at least $20K but not enough sense to have it in both the Visa and MC version.

There aren't many data points on doing a PC from a no-AF card to a Venture before the card is a year old (usually it's the other way around) so I'm not sure how Capital One will handle that. 

I know Amex has the 13 month rule, but many people feel they do that out of "an abundance of caution" not to break the rules about raising fees the first year, which is generally though only to apply to the lender raising the fees on their own, not the consumer requesting a product with a higher fee (as with a PC request to a Venture). 

If it were me, I would reach out to Capital One and see what they say... my own last few experiences with them have been quite positive, and I tend to get U.S. based reps. 

If you decide to move forward, let us know how it goes!  Smiley Wink

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.