Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC Question - Impact to reports

tag
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Capital One PC Question - Impact to reports

Good Evening Friends!

Quick one here, just so I can plan....When one PCs, say for example, a QuicksilverOne to a Quicksilver, does the original QS1 continue on your reports as closed or is it just updated to QS? Thinking long term about impact of AAoA.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One PC Question - Impact to reports

A product change keeps the same accout number/history, so there's no change on your credit reports.

Message 2 of 7
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

What if the cc banner changes from MC to Visa?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing it's impossible to keep the same card number if switching between Visa and MC, so in that case I actually have no idea how a product change would impact your report. With that said, I'm also not sure that any banks allow product changes between networks? For example, when someone PCs a Quicksilver One to a Quicksilver, I believe they stay on the MC network despite the Quicksilver being a Visa card by default. Another example is the Wells Fargo AMEX travel cards, I seem to remember that they only allow product changes to another card in that same line, they can't switch you over to one of their Visa cards.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't think a product change between Visa/MC is normally possible.

Message 4 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

If I am not mistaken you cannot converts a quicksilver MasterCard to a quicksilver visa, so you won't have to worry about that part. You can upgrade a quicksilver one MasterCard to a quicksilver world MasterCard though. But MC to Visa is a no go. If you want the Visa you would have to app for it.
Message 5 of 7
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! I could have sworn I read here that someone went from MC to Visa. But good to know the QS1 will convert.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, an MC can't PC to Visa but it can be combined with one.  You can combine (consolidate) any Cap One card with any other Cap One card as long as certain conditions are met.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Cap-One-Credit-Line-Consolidation/td-p/436523...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.