Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC Question

tag
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

Capital One PC Question

Decided to split this off of my Citi post in hopes of getting some help:

I called Cap One and asked to PC my Platinum card from 9+ years ago to a better card. Told them I didn't feel the Platinum was growing with me. They agreed, but said I didn't have any offers to PC and would have to apply for a new card altogether. They did point out that the pricing structure I have isn't even offered anymore and that they are (and have been for quite some time) waiving the monthly and AF. I don't want to app for a new card because I'm in the garden. Do you think the EO would be able to PC my card? Any advice please?

Thanks in advance!

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One PC Question

@PleasantlySurprised wrote:
Decided to split this off of my Citi post in hopes of getting some help:

I called Cap One and asked to PC my Platinum card from 9+ years ago to a better card. Told them I didn't feel the Platinum was growing with me. They agreed, but said I didn't have any offers to PC and would have to apply for a new card altogether. They did point out that the pricing structure I have isn't even offered anymore and that they are (and have been for quite some time) waiving the monthly and AF. I don't want to app for a new card because I'm in the garden. Do you think the EO would be able to PC my card? Any advice please?

Thanks in advance!

EO or facebook

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

I know this is going to sound crazy, but...I don't use FB! What EO number do I use?

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PleasantlySurprised wrote:
I know this is going to sound crazy, but...I don't use FB! What EO number do I use?

Coming your way

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

you can ask them to give add on some sort of rewards...ie, quicksilver or the venture card...that's what i did with my orchard turned plat, and my og plat... Smiley Happy gl! Smiley Happy looks like myjourney got you covered with the eo info Smiley Happy heh

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 11
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

Thanks, MJ! You're the best. Smiley Wink

DJC, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. Crossing my fingers! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
ACcash
Established Member

want to PC to QS so bad..  could someone please pm me the eo email / phone? thanks a lot!!!

Message 7 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Good Luck, with a nine year old account there should be plenty of offers available!  Sometimes you have to talk to someone a bit higher up the ladder there.  I have been told that the higher up you go the more offers they can see for your account!  As in if you push the issue enough then they will find someone with a brain to help you and who has more power to PC you. 

The EO should do the trick too!  When you talk to them make sure you tell them you want a different credit limit too!  Make it higher than any limit you have now.  When they ask you if you will accept less then tell them the highest limit you have on your other cards!  In the worst case scenarion they will probably counter offer something much better.  If you have an AF ask for that to be removed.  Push to keep you interest the same if it is lower than what is currently available.  (If you carry a balance and interest is an issue.) 

Once again Good Luck.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 11
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@ACcash wrote:

want to PC to QS so bad..  could someone please pm me the eo email / phone? thanks a lot!!!

I wasnt eligible for any PC according to the prequalification thing on the website. Talked to a rep in India through the chat on the website. he PC'ed me to Quicksilver and CLI'ed me to 1000 from 500. But definitely YMMV. i don't know if my case was typical. My account is 2 years and 2 months old. Up until january 2013 I hadn't activated it but it still reported as a revolving account. The minimum credit line for a Quicksilver is 3k. he kept mines at 1k and even said my APR would be the same. Also kept it a MasterCard. Will contact EO about this...

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 9 of 11
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

I emailed the EO last night...now I'm just waiting. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.