Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC Question

tag
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Capital One PC Question

if you PC from a quicksilver one to a Venture one does that mean that you dont have a quicksilver one anymore and could apply for a quicksilver one? The reason I ask is because I see alot of members with 2 venture one logos and a quicksilver logo in their signatures. I pc'd my quicksilver one to a venture one after I was given the option of venture one or quicksilver visa.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One PC Question

I'm pretty sure you could apply for another one but I'll let others chime in. I know you can have two Ventures because I have a relative who has two. Honestly why are you considering another qs1 though? I would try for a regular venture or venture one or even a regular QS if cash back is what your looking for.
Message 2 of 6
smoop88
Regular Contributor

not considering another quicksilver1 i just wanted to know how this pc stuff worked a little more.

Message 3 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you can have another CapOne card considering you meet the approval requirements for it.  You're allowed multiple cards with them.  One thing to keep in mind is that just because you were allowed to PC a card doesn't guarantee that you'll be approved for another.  I read on the forum here with others having that mentality only to waste a HP.  Consider your profile and needs...then proceed as you see fit.  

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@smoop88 wrote:

if you PC from a quicksilver one to a Venture one does that mean that you dont have a quicksilver one anymore and could apply for a quicksilver one? The reason I ask is because I see alot of members with 2 venture one logos and a quicksilver logo in their signatures. I pc'd my quicksilver one to a venture one after I was given the option of venture one or quicksilver visa.

You can definitely have more than one Quicksilver One, but if it were me I would check the prequal to see if you have an offer for a Venture or a Quicksilver Visa, since either of those will likely have a larger initial credit line than a QS1.  Also, the QS1 has an annual fee... the QS Visa has no AF, and while the Venture does have an AF after the first year it's generally easy to PC the card to a QS to avoid the fee.

Also, if you don't mind my asking, why did you choose to PC your QS1 to a Venture One instead of a Quicksilver?  I ask this since with a Venture One you only get 1.25% cash back on purchases and there are restrictions on the redemption, while with a QS you get 1.5% cash back and there are no redemption restrictions at all.  This is why when my own QS1 MasterCard was offered an upgrade I went for the QS.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

One thing I like about C1 is you can have multiples of any of their cards.  But... PC'ing to a card that offers a sign-up bonus means forfeiting one of the best parts... "the bonus".

In the future, consider apping for the bonus card and combining limits 6 months after.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.