Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - PC from Platinum to QS or Venture

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Capital One - PC from Platinum to QS or Venture

Hello All,  

I've had a CapOne Platinum card for more than 15 years or so - 9.9% APR, AF of I believe $39 or $49.  CL of $8,400.  I would like to get the QS or Venture, but don't like the idea of 3 HP's if I were to apply for one of them outright (Pre-approval site shows both as a possibility).  

I have the following questions:

-- If I were to contact CapOne to ask about a PC, would the PC generate HP's, SP's or neither?

-- Would CapOne likely leave the opening date the same as my Platinum, so that there is no impact on my AAoA?

-- When doing a PC, does CapOne make the CL the same as the former account or could it be higher/lower?

-- I have my wife and daughter as AU's on this Platinum account.  Could this change have any adverse impact on them?  I assume they would be moved over as AU on the new account as well?

-- Anything else that I should be aware of when doing a CapOne PC?  

Thanks to all!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - PC from Platinum to QS or Venture

From my experience, Product changing will not impact a HP or a SP. The average age of the account will remain the same, they usually end up keeping the CL the same unless you request something different. As far as I'm concerned the AU's should just be moved over as well to the new product. As far overall information on the topic, it's super simple and you'll find it nice to finally get rid of those annual fee's! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Aestheqt!   Sounds like it should be a very easy process with no downside!    Thanks again!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 11
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

I PCed my Cap 1 Platinum to a QS1, got them to waive the AF, then waited a year and PC again to Regular QS MasterCard (no-AF).  Had to go through EO for the first step; 2nd step was regular CSR.  No change in history or account number. Good luck!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone without a business ever PC'd to the Spark card for 2% CB? They don't require a tax ID or anything....

Message 5 of 11
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

I just finished a three-minute chat with Cap One.  I was able to PC my Platinum to QS or QS 1.   I asked for QS1, based on my current CS, but when they approved the PC, they continued to call it the QuickSilver and said I would not have an AF.  I am sure it is for the QS1, and maybe they are waiving the fee.  I am really happy. It will be great to have the cash back.  I plan to use this as my main card now and PIF each month.  I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.

EDIT:  It is the QS that I received. I assumed it would be QS1 but I was wrong :-)

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@needtodobetter wrote:

I just finished a three-minute chat with Cap One.  I was able to PC my Platinum to QS or QS 1.   I asked for QS1, based on my current CS, but when they approved the PC, they continued to call it the QuickSilver and said I would not have an AF.  I am sure it is for the QS1, and maybe they are waiving the fee.  I am really happy. It will be great to have the cash back.  I plan to use this as my main card now and PIF each month.  I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.

EDIT:  It is the QS that I received. I assumed it would be QS1 but I was wrong :-)

just curious, and not to be nosey, but what is your APR going to be.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience to 

Message 8 of 11
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Hello All,  

I've had a CapOne Platinum card for more than 15 years or so - 9.9% APR, AF of I believe $39 or $49.  CL of $8,400.  I would like to get the QS or Venture, but don't like the idea of 3 HP's if I were to apply for one of them outright (Pre-approval site shows both as a possibility).  

I have the following questions:

-- If I were to contact CapOne to ask about a PC, would the PC generate HP's, SP's or neither?

-- Would CapOne likely leave the opening date the same as my Platinum, so that there is no impact on my AAoA?

-- When doing a PC, does CapOne make the CL the same as the former account or could it be higher/lower?

-- I have my wife and daughter as AU's on this Platinum account.  Could this change have any adverse impact on them?  I assume they would be moved over as AU on the new account as well?

-- Anything else that I should be aware of when doing a CapOne PC?  

Thanks to all!  

It should be a walk in the park. Have you tried the modify your card feature on the website. That should also have any upgrades or offers available for your card. Let us know!

Message 9 of 11
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@needtodobetter wrote:

just curious, and not to be nosey, but what is your APR going to be.

It is staying the same as far as I know - 20.99%.  Since I PC'd, I do not get the current promo of 0% interest until 3/16 or the $100 bonus after $500 spend.  But, I am still happy.  Next step is to get a CLI.  I use it a lot and make frequent monthly payments, so I am hoping one comes in the next couple of months.  

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.