Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC question

tag
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Capital One PC question

So, out of curiosity, how many times can one PC a card with Capital One? Say I started with a Platinum card which then got PC'd to a QS1. Can I eventually PC that QS1 a second time to a QS no AF or do I only get to PC a card once? Also, is it possible to product change anytime or does one have to actually have an offer to product change? 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One PC question

I'm not for sure if there is a limit to how many times you can pc, but I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure there is allot of time that needs to be waited to pc though, and you can pc anytime, but honestly its usually better to apply for the card you want then to pc when it comes to capital one, due to better cl and possibly apr!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

So, out of curiosity, how many times can one PC a card with Capital One? Say I started with a Platinum card which then got PC'd to a QS1. Can I eventually PC that QS1 a second time to a QS no AF or do I only get to PC a card once? Also, is it possible to product change anytime or does one have to actually have an offer to product change? 

I had an Orchard Bank card that switched over to them and became a Platinum. I eventually PC'd that to a Quicksilver One and recently PC'd that Quicksilver One to a Quicksilver. I've never been offered an upgrade or had anything from that "modify features" button or whatever it's called. Any PC I've done was via chat and just asking if I could do it. Each time it said I couldn't do it again for at least 6 months.

Edited to add:  That Orchard card limit was $325 when Capital One took it and made it a $325 limit Platinum. It's now up to $4750 limit but for the record I agree with the above post that it's better to just app for and get the better cards than PCing into one.

Message 3 of 12
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Yeah. I seem to be getting a lot of *we currently have no offers for you right now* and I always hear people on this forum converting their cards via chat. I cant even seem to do it any which way. I am trying to get rid of that QS1. It is an eye sore. I also can't combine it with my Venture1 just yet. I gotta wait another 3 months for that. Reason I am not apping straight up for a QS no AF is I just dont want any more inquiries on my report and unfortunately am not getting anything on their prequal site.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Let us know how it goes...I am planning on upgrading/PCing my QS1 to a QS next fall, and was also thinking of doing it via chat. Hoping all goes well with you!

Message 5 of 12
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Anyone know if CAP1 will grant a partial reallocation or do I still need to wait for both cards to be 6 months old?

Message 6 of 12
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Still need to wait 6 months, and the pre qualify on capital one is hit and miss. Never showed anything for me, but cold app for venture and instant approval, just in case you change your mind.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a time limit to get a PC it is a long time.. I was waiting for my QS to PC'd to the Venture.  I waited well over a year and called multiple times with no luck.  I finally checked their pre-qual website and I was pre-qualified for the Venture, so I just applied and was approved.   I would agree that you should just apply if you feel like your credit is good enough to get rid of the AF.

Message 8 of 12
NC84
Regular Contributor

How do you guys add the little card pics on the bottom sig?

Message 9 of 12
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I would apply if I didnt have about 10 inqs with each credit bureau. No sweat I will give it another 3 months and request a CLI on the venture1. Then move everything on my QS1 to the venture1.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.