Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC

tag
spartantx117
Contributor

Capital One PC

I have the Capital One Platium card with the 39 dollar annual fee... It was my first card in a long time in fact I'm shocked I was approved but have since gotten a Barclays rewards card with a 1300 limt and no fee...Since I have had my Capital One card I have maintained it very well as well as gotten almost everything negative removed from my credit report Pif every month ... I logged in today to make sure my payment went through and bam auto luv from 500 dollars to 2000 dollars... My question is I have only had this card six months should I be happy with what they gave me (which I am I don't care to ask for more) or try for a PC to a no annual fee card or wait a few more months? I would really love to not have a annual fee but also don't want to drop them just yet and hurt my account age....

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
spartantx117
Contributor

Re: Capital One PC

Also I do still have a few baddies which are dropping off this month... Should I wait for them to drop before asking?

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@spartantx117 wrote:

I have the Capital One Platium card with the 39 dollar annual fee... It was my first card in a long time in fact I'm shocked I was approved but have since gotten a Barclays rewards card with a 1300 limt and no fee...Since I have had my Capital One card I have maintained it very well as well as gotten almost everything negative removed from my credit report Pif every month ... I logged in today to make sure my payment went through and bam auto luv from 500 dollars to 2000 dollars... My question is I have only had this card six months should I be happy with what they gave me (which I am I don't care to ask for more) or try for a PC to a no annual fee card or wait a few more months? I would really love to not have a annual fee but also don't want to drop them just yet and hurt my account age....

Congrats 

Since its a SP by way of EO you have nothing to lose with an anothr attempted CLI or having AF waived for life 

The AF is almost a given

Wait for baddies to drop and update to CR's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
parkman
Regular Contributor

I got the 1500 auto cli not to long ago, and a few days later I called just the regular customer service line in back of the card and requested a PC to QS with the 1.5% cashback and got the AF waived, no hassle whatsoever!
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 4 of 7
parkman
Regular Contributor

Also, since they only do soft pull, you don't have to worry about baddies.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parkman wrote:
I got the 1500 auto cli not to long ago, and a few days later I called just the regular customer service line in back of the card and requested a PC to QS with the 1.5% cashback and got the AF waived, no hassle whatsoever!

I got a CLI 2 week after my first auto CLI by way of EO

FYI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 7
spartantx117
Contributor

Ok thanks for the info everyone... i will contact them pretty soon and see what I can do....

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.