cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Payments in limbo, can't see them anywhere?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Capital One - Payments in limbo, can't see them anywhere?

I keep a spreadsheet with a daily ledger, and what bills are due on those days. When I schedule a payment, I change the color of the bill from red to green, showing myself that I've setup payment. 

My Capital One QS1 had a payment due on the third of the month. On the 2nd, I checked my spreadsheet and noticed that it was still showing red instead of green, which meant I hadn't scheduled the payment yet. Now sometimes I forget to change the color to green, and all I have to do is go to the lender's website and look at pending payments, to see if I need to pay it, or change the color. 

So I log into their website and don't see any pending payments, payments posted to the list of transactions, or payment activity. I go ahead and make a payment, and think nothing of it. 

Yesterday I'm balancing my checking account, and I notice that it's off by the amount of the payment I made. Upon further investigation, I can see two transactions for Capital One - one on the 31st and one on the 2nd. Why doesn't their website show pending payments if they're not posted? If it would have shown my payment pending, I never would have overpaid it. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One - Payments in limbo, can't see them anywhere?

Can't say I've had this issue. I'd call them up and ask about it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Can't say I've had this issue. I'd call them up and ask about it.

I called yesterday, and this morning. All they do is apologize for the inconvenience and ask if there's anything they can help me with (as if they're being helpful in any way already...). I hate foreign CSR's. 

Now my Capital One account has a negative balance of several thousand dollars, and that's money I could have used for other bills. 

Message 3 of 7
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

This is why I use auto pay. I know I would forget or make a double payment. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the reason why I closed my regular CO checking account years ago. They don't deduct bill pays from your balance until after they are paid. Caused me to overdraft one to many times. I much rather a bill pay that deducts when you schedule the payment like CO 360. Chase did it especially well, but they suck in general soo....

Message 5 of 7
core
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I called yesterday, and this morning. All they do is apologize for the inconvenience and ask if there's anything they can help me with (as if they're being helpful in any way already...). I hate foreign CSR's. 

Now my Capital One account has a negative balance of several thousand dollars, and that's money I could have used for other bills. 

You can call back and get a real CSR and they will be glad to send you a check.  But unfortunately it will take 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.  They won't ACH it to your bank account, that I already tried.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there have been glitches this week. My payment also was MIA. Hadn't posted, wasn't showing pending. Luckily I had made another payment this month. Normally the funds are available very quickly 24 hours or so. I paid on the 2nd, posted today.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.