Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: PiF and account closed:)

tag
severine
Contributor

Capital One: PiF and account closed:)

Yesterday I paid the ~300 balance I had on my Capital One Platinum (CL1000) and this morning I closed the account! I am happy to be done with that company but am glad that it, along with the oasis Optima card I closed yesterday,  allowed me to rebuild my credit and boost me toward bigger and better cards.

For anyone that is frustrated with the slow climb and slog of rebuilding, I am living proof that you can slowly but surely repair past mistakes and that time is your best friend.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One: PiF and account closed:)

Congratulations, you moved on to greener pastures :-)
Message 2 of 4
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats. I am closing my cap 1 card very soon as well. I am grateful they took me with no credit history but 500 limit is no longer wanted among my cards.

Cheers for moving on.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 4
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@severine wrote:

Yesterday I paid the ~300 balance I had on my Capital One Platinum (CL1000) and this morning I closed the account! I am happy to be done with that company but am glad that it, along with the oasis Optima card I closed yesterday,  allowed me to rebuild my credit and boost me toward bigger and better cards.

For anyone that is frustrated with the slow climb and slog of rebuilding, I am living proof that you can slowly but surely repair past mistakes and that time is your best friend.

Congrats! Definately a good feeling to close out builder cards and to never look back.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.