Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum AF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum AF?

I have both the Platinum and the QS, with no AF. I'm gardening and decided to see what I'm prequalified for. The APR's are higher than what I have now too. I was surprised to see a $19 AF on the Platinum. When did the $19 AF start with the Platinum? Also, I've got a 14.9% APR with my Platinum I've had since 2001 and no AF.

*Originally I thought the QS was $39, but I see that's the QS1 which hasn't changed.

Capital One.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Platinum AF?

Quicksilver by itself has no AF -- Quicksilver One has an AF.. I wouldn't accept any preqaul at this point with what you have in your signature with an annual fee. Honestly, if you're wanting a Capital One just blind app for it, because you should be approved with your signature..
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:
Quicksilver by itself has no AF -- Quicksilver One has an AF.. I wouldn't accept any preqaul at this point with what you have in your signature with an annual fee. Honestly, if you're wanting a Capital One just blind app for it, because you should be approved with your signature..

Like I said in my original post: I have both the Platinum and the QS, with no AF. I have no plans to leave the garden, nor do I need any CapOne cards since I have both of these. This was just an informational post that the Platinum is trying to sneak in an annual fee.

Message 3 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

Like I said in my original post: I have both the Platinum and the QS, with no AF. I have no plans to leave the garden, nor do I need any CapOne cards since I have both of these. This was just an informational post that the Platinum is trying to sneak in an annual fee.

That's Cap One's marketing.

When I got their mail offer for Platinum more than 2 years ago (which has since been upgraded to the QS MC, no AF), it had no AF. But on the website, the Plat has had an AF all this while. At one point, I even thought that I got a bait and switch; but Cap One does send in real no-AF Plat offers through mail only.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are they trying to "sneak" the fee in? It plainly states on the prequal page that it has one. Its not like its buried in the T&C only or anything.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the love. It's ok, I was not saying it was hidden, I just never saw an annual fee mentioned before by them for the Platinum card. Just informational.
Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Vulcan1600 wrote:
Where is the love. It's ok, I was not saying it was hidden, I just never saw an annual fee mentioned before by them for the Platinum card. Just informational.

Think the Platinum is their catch-all card like Chase's used to be the Freedom.  That was what they converted my Orchard card too post acquisition, and as such it likely has a highly variable AF structure.  Hard to say how many current variations they're posting for people coming in the front door, but knowing Cap 1, out of all the lenders, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that they might have a more finely tuned AF structure than anyone else in the industry.

If no one else found it interesting, I did FWIW Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revelate, I agree, I've had my Platinum in 2001 and never had an annual fee in it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine tuned like you said.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i didn't have an annual fee on my platinum either.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the platinum last November, with the $19 annual fee ($0 for first year, and I upgraded it to a QS now).

A friend of mine has had one for about 8 years, it has no AF, and I'm sure I've seen platinum cards with either a $29 or $39 annual fee.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.