Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum... Approved!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum... Approved!

Cap1 2 months, Wells fargo about 1.5, and paypal/walmart less than a month. 

Message 21 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

lmao wow,  i didnt have any credit untill i got rebuilt or built credit card from Capital one had that for 6 months then today for my 2nd card i got platinum cl $500 in the next 6 months ill get another card LOL....I love shopping in walmart but Im scared to get a card from them they might denied me like they did last year before i got the C1 card haha,,,oh and Bill me later from Paypal denied me twice?? not sure why I do spend alot of mony on Ebay smh oh well better luck next time

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 22 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They approved me for the $500 and my only cards reporting at the time were my wells fargo and my paypal (paypal is also by GECRB, same lender as walmart, which I got about a week earlier and hadn't used yet). I had 12 inquiries at the time of my approval, and you can usually CLI every 4 months on GE cards, plus you get the free TU08 score monthly. If you shop there a lot it's worth it, however (if it's still happening) right now if you apply during a purchase of $100 or more you get $20 off immediately. 

Message 23 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

yeah i dont see myself getting walmart or paypal any time soon lol after this card today its 15 inquiries SMH gotta stop..

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 24 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Is that your way of asking for my number? Smoooooth.....Rofl!!!! I'm so funny...

Anyways, GE is one of the least inquiry sensitive lenders out there from what I've read and from personal experience, so if you really want it try for it. They're also one of those "foot in the door" lenders. 

Message 25 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

well the good thing is most of my inq are from 2011' so they will be knocked of my FICO report soon... "foot in the door" yes thats why im thking about sticking with Capital One lmao

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 26 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Capital one is the opposite of a foot in the door lender. They don't care about you unless you're a prime cardholder. 

If you perform well with a GE card though, they'll pretty much approve you for any of their other cards, plus you get the CLIs every 4 months as opposed to cap1's single CLI after 6 months followed by silence. 

Message 27 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Smiley Surprised That is a high starting limit for C1! WOW! I have had their card for like six years, and I've been stuck at a CL of $1,300 for like almost four of those years! 

Congrats and good luck! Just don't forget that C1 rarely grows with people, so once you hit a FICO of like 650+, you might be better off getting a prime card like Chase. 

:-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Cap1 has been good to me so far. haha. They PCd me when my account turned 2...weeks old Smiley Tongue to a cash rewards card, I had an issue with them and they gave me a $50 credit adjustment. I've recieved 4 extra cards from them (all of which were supposed to be my new cash rewards card, only one was though xD) but all of which have been overnighted. 

It's all about who you talk to with cap1. Sometimes you get someone helpful, sometimes you don't. 

Message 29 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Alot of ppl are saying Chase stinks ill stick with capital one for right know I have BOA checking I might get in with them once i get good with COne platinum

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.