Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum CLI

Hey everyone. First post but long time reader and wanted to contribute a data point in case anyone else is in a similar situation.

I've been seriously working on rebuilding my credit since last January and was approved for a unsecured Capital One Platinum card a few months ago with a $300 limit.... which totally suprised me as I burned three accounts with them a few years ago.... Anyways, my second statement posted Dec. 13 which I paid right away. After my payment posted, I requested a CLI (which I read about on here) and was shot down. Oh well, my score is about 575 and I burned them. I guess that should be expected, right? The denial letter said that my account was too new (it needed to be 3 months old). To my surprise, that wasn't the case. I requsted a CLI again yesterday and was approved for an additional $100! I've been putting a lot on this card and paying in full every week or so which makes me hopeful for a larger than expected credit steps increase. I'll keep you posted on that. 

Just wanted to share that with ya'll as this forum has been super helpful for my rebuild. Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum CLI

Awesome!

Keep using it and paying it weekly.  

I started over 4 years ago and they have treated me like a king.

When your score goes up 50 points check for Cap One prequal for a better card to add.

I started with $3k and my last card started at $30k four years later.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 9
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Keep it up. I have the same card and have been abusing it like crazy using paying using paying i’m hoping in six month they give me a big increase if not I’ll take what they give me and keep doing what I’m doing
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them up and inquire about upgrading to the QuicksilverOne with 1.5% cash back rewards.
Message 4 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Call them up and inquire about upgrading to the QuicksilverOne with 1.5% cash back rewards.

Or you can also check the upgrade link here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the upgrade link. I've had that bookmarked for a while, should have mentioned that in my original post! I have tried it a few times, along with hopping in chat, and haven't had any luck. Oh well, the rewards would be nice (and I'll take the upgrade when it becomes available) but my main focus right now is increasing my credit line. My total amount of credit is just over $1k right now. I don't carry a balance, haven't paid any interest since I started rebuilding. 

@Shooting-For-800 did I read that right? You grew your $3k card to $30k in four years? Wow!! 

@Joecooltech have you been able to get a CLI since opening your card? 

Message 6 of 9
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

@ creditbro I have not am just spending and paying I’ve put thousands threw the card since getting it in sept. Also this month December I was able to get the Quicksilver one card. So I figure between those two cards. That I’m going to get an auto increase eventually with the amount of usage I’m putting through it at some point.
Message 7 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 did I read that right? You grew your $3k card to $30k in four years? Wow!! 

No.

I opened a $3k card that went to $3.5k 

then opened another $3k card that went to $3.5k

then the original card went to $12.5k

then opened another card that started at $10k

then opened another card that started at $10k

then grew the $10k into $13.5k

then opened another $10k card

then combined the $13.5k and $10k to make $23.5k

then combined the $15.5k and $10k to make $25.5k

or something like that.

Then I opened a new card that started at $30k.

Heading into my 4th year, I now have 3 cap one cards totally almost $80k from 4 years of spending a lot and paying a lot WEEKLY.

I have never paid a dime in interest and also taken advantage of about $25k in 0% offers for 18 months with a 2% fee. 

I have earned over $5k in spending rewards as well.

And they also gave me a 2.49% car loan for 72 months with no money down and no documents last year.

If you are loyal, spend a lot, pay a lot, and are lucky, Cap One can really be generous.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 9
SugeLite
Established Member

Thanks for this link as well! I just completed my 5months Credit Steps from $300 to $500 and checked the link & VIOLA I got the Quick Silver with no annual fee! Thanks so much! Now if I can only get that CLI up a tad, as I have PIF every month except one.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.