cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

I am finally successful to change product from Platinum Mastercard to Quicksilver Mastercard. Sent a private message to Facebook Capital One group and they replied asking my phone number to call at. After about 4/5 hours i got a call from Capital One saying my account is eligible to change product to Quicksilver. I had been trying to change this one for long through chat but was unsuccessful. Everytime they said there is no offer. Capital One is unpredictable. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

Well congratulations. Should have asked for a cli also. Facebook is a good way to get a company's attention.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 2 of 49
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Looking at the FB page for Cap1, it appears most of the comments are complaints!  It does appear that Cap1 is responding to the comments promptly.  FB may be a good venue to reach them.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 3 of 49
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Asked for CLI but was denied as this account is too new. Just 2 months old. 

I didn't post a comment publicly on FB. I sent a private message. And I really dont know why people are complaining so much about Capital One on FB. If you don't like them then dont open a credit card with them and go knock on AMEX/Discover's door. To me Capital One gave me multiple opportunities to build/rebuild my credit and I am really thankful to them. 

Message 4 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I just sent in the same request via facebook and am waiti...

I just sent in the same request via facebook and am waiting on a response. I do a significant amount of international traveling for business and their $1750 CL doesnt cut it for me. I do pay off the balance in full each month but its a pain trying to figure out which card to use. I have the Chase Freedom and Chase Slate cards but I am getting tired of their foreign transaction fees with limited rewards. I do also have my corporate card through Citi but using that is just a giant pain and id rather use my card and get reimbursed. 

I will let you all know Cap1's response when I hear back. 

Message 5 of 49
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: I just sent in the same request via facebook and am waiti...

Good luck.

Cap One may not be a good option to use in foreign countries. I have no experience of using a US issued credit card in foreign country. But I think CHASE Sapphire Preferred may be a better option. That would be my future card when my credit becomes better. I am in rebuilding phase. 

Message 6 of 49
missjae
Established Contributor

I sent a message via FB after getting the 7-10 day message. I've been a customer for 9 years.  I was respectful, included pertinent information I felt they might need, and also let them know I updated my income info online.  They responded within 8 hours with this message:

Hi. Thanks for reaching out to us and providing us with detailed information about your requests. We have escalated this further for you and will be in contact once we have more details. We thank you for your patience while we work on this! ^JD

Hoping something good comes of this!  

Message 7 of 49
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Good luck.

Cap One may not be a good option to use in foreign countries. I have no experience of using a US issued credit card in foreign country. But I think CHASE Sapphire Preferred may be a better option. That would be my future card when my credit becomes better. I am in rebuilding phase. 

Why not? I'll sure be using them when I leave at the end of the week.

Like another stated my Freedom was a pain when I lived abroad last summer.

Message 8 of 49
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

They will probably give you a call. Did they ask for your phone number? They did ask me phone number and fixed a time when i will receive the call. Though i got the call 4 hours later than scheduled but the lady over the phone converted my account to Quick Silver. She did mention it will take 7-10 days to convert the account. Thats what it took to convert my other Cap One Cas Rewards account. Both of my Cap One accounts are opened this year. While I use the cash rewards card heavily but not the other one as the Platinum card does not have any rewards. I make multiple payments in a month to always keep the available balance remain to $500 on each. 

Hoping to get good CLI after 7 months.

Message 9 of 49
JonStur
Established Contributor

Facebook, email, twitter, seems like Cap1 is really embracing new tech to make themselves more accessible 

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.