cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: I just sent in the same request via facebook and am waiti...

I have found their Customer Service always helpful. Not sure why people complain so much. They are one of the CC providers who trust on people in bad credit standings and help them build their credit back. Yeah it might be possible that people dont get CLI from them when their credit improves but then they should move on to prime cards.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 11 of 49
texasman07
Established Contributor

Geez, you guys are so awesome.  I had many failed attempts via chat to convert my cash rewards to quicksilver.  Finally I did it on facebook.  Got a call today and BAM! Easy conversion. The CSR stated the option was available after I was told 3 times my account was ineligible.

Message 12 of 49
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

Good luck.

Cap One may not be a good option to use in foreign countries. I have no experience of using a US issued credit card in foreign country. But I think CHASE Sapphire Preferred may be a better option. That would be my future card when my credit becomes better. I am in rebuilding phase. 

Why not? I'll sure be using them when I leave at the end of the week.

Like another stated my Freedom was a pain when I lived abroad last summer.

+1
Cap1 is a good card to use outside the US. Visa/Mastercard fully accepted worldwide, no forex fees (+3%) and some additional cash back. I like mine and use the card ONLY outside the US. Exchange rates slightly higher than Discover but still way better than all the ones with forex fees. 
Have a nice and safe trip Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 49
texasman07
Established Contributor

Something is really strange now.  I called the regular CSR number to ask when I would get my card. They stated they have no information that I converted my card nor do they show an option to convert my card.  Is the Facebook CSR different than the 1800 number ? what is going on?

Message 14 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

A quick follow up on my request to upgrade from the Platinum to Quicksilver. I sent in my request via facebook and I was asked for a phone number to reach me at. I missed their call today by a couple hours so I jumped on the online chat and explained to the agent what happened (how I missed the call). After explaining why I was being called, he transferred me to another agent. From there, the agent reviewed the conversation and told me I was eligable for the upgrade. This is the opposite of what the link on their website told me. So, the agent explained that there were two cards, the Quicksilver for excellent credit and the QuicksilverOne for average Credit. He then told me I was eligable for the Quicksilver (excellent credit). So, I ended up upgrading my Platinum to the Quicksilver. 

When I asked if my credit limit will be increased or stay the same the agent told me it would stay the same. From what he said, its a new card and only the rewards will change. I'm not too worried though because I can cross that bridge in a few months. Im just happy I got the upgrade and REAL rewards. As you can see by the bottom of my post, my FICO scores are not that impressive in the least. This is why I was surprised when the agent told me I was approved for the excellent creit version of the card. However, my limit is still $1750 for now. 

A little back story on my history with Capital one which may have led to this. I have been a customer since very early 2010. I started with a credit limit of $750 and after a few on time payments I got bumped up to $1750. When I recieved the card I was making around $20,000 a year and was a full time student. I am now making $175000 a year and still have the same credit limit :\. Anyways, I pay my balance off each month in full. Also, last week I updated my income level after signing into my account. I didn't know that feature was there and I am betting that helped in the approval process. So, if any of you havent updated your income level since it has changed, you may want to do that. I do find it strange that they did not ask for income verification after I changed my income from $20K to $175K.

Anyways, good luck to anybody trying this method. Seems like it has been working for most people. 

Message 15 of 49
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats AZ

I just called them today and did the cashback card (Jimmy fallon card) to the Quicksilver Rewards. Pretty painless. For the longest time, i struggled with Cap One with very low limits depsite having a good income, worked on my credit and got my scores also way up there. Finally got some love from them last October to a World MC but still sitting at $5K today.

Anyways I was glad to be able to convert to a card with 1.5% cashback no limits Smiley Happy

It's true, you shoud update your income info on your profile with Cap One.

Message 16 of 49
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I just got done messaging capital one about my membership fee and being rejected for CLI and they responded saying they will esculate my case and will keep in touch with me through the number i provided them

I'm gonna assume it's another failed attempt to get them to budge on removing the fees and increasing my LImite from 2500

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 17 of 49
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

My Platinum MC is already showing Rewards option online. So guessing the transition to Quicksilver is working. I got my other Green Cash Rewards card changed to Quicksilver as well. Just received that card in mail yesterday. The card design is pretty funny though. It looks very fake.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 18 of 49
creditYum
Established Member

Good job on the conversions! does the pc to quicksilver affect the age of the account??
Message 19 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Good luck.

Cap One may not be a good option to use in foreign countries. I have no experience of using a US issued credit card in foreign country. But I think CHASE Sapphire Preferred may be a better option. That would be my future card when my credit becomes better. I am in rebuilding phase. 

Like others, I strongly disagree with this advice (and not sure what it is based on given your statement about never having done it!).   I have used a Cap One abroad for many years, and most of the time it was the cheapest option (as they absorbed the 1% Visa fee that other no-FTF cards still charged), although things are more competitive.  But if I didn't, the CSP would not be the card to suggest!   It doesn't have a chip for example, whereas lots of cards do thes days.  I have  used the CSP abroad for the x2 categories, but that's just part of using whichever card gives the best rewards (so I use Penfed for 3x groceries abroad for example, and that is chip&pin).

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.