cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Card to Quicksilver (via Facebook)

It has been 2 days since I have had a PC approved from the Cap1 Platinum to the Cap1 Quicksilver. As I stated before, I was told my credit limit would stay the same. I signed onto my Cap1 account just now and noticed my CL was increased from $1750 to $2300. Its not a huge CLI, but it means a lot coming from Cap1, haha. They don't seem to enjoy CLI, its like eating prunes. 

Message 31 of 49
rushx2112
New Contributor

I messaged them today and they said they can't do Orchard cards yet Smiley Sad

Message 32 of 49
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I contacted the Capital One Facebook team through a private message.

They were pretty quick in asnwering me. They told me to first check if I had an upgrade offer. I told them I have none. Then they said the will call me in about 2 hours later.

A nice lady called me from an 800 number, different from the EO numbers.

She told me I qualified just for the Quicksilver rewards matrix, but they will mail me a new card.

I also asked for a CLI she told me she doesnt handle that.

She moved my "crappy" miles rewards to cash 2777 miles to 27.77 dollars

and made my other AF Platinium card to the same branch with no AF.

I'm happy, we will see how is this Quicksilver rewards works now

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 33 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I hope you like it. Just an FYI, I would check your online account in a few days and see if they gave you a CLI. Like I said in a previous post, they gave me one without asking. 

Message 34 of 49
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

SO after messaging facebook about my CLI issue
they said they will esculate my issue and will contact me by my #

and just now i get a email confirmation saying they have issued my card in the mail for my account -.-

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 35 of 49
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Hmm, if they are switching you guys to the Quicksilver (not the Quicksilver One), that is a Visa Signature card and I thought those came with a $5K CL minimum. How are they not giving you CLIs to match that minumum? Is it possible to have a Signature card with a lower CL?

Message 36 of 49
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

No luck here.

I have the Capital One Cash Rewards Visa Platinum card.

Tried calling the number on back of card, they said that's not possible and offered me the Venture card or said I could apply for the new Quicksilver card.

Tried online chat, they said to try the "Modify Your Account" option on the website; no offers available there.

Tried Facebook, they replied quickly and had someone call and he said that I don't have that upgrade option at this time but I could apply for a new card.

Not pleased to say the least considering I've had my Capital One card for almost 10 years now if not longer, never missed a payment, and have true FICO scores in the 770-780 range.  Currently have a $4500 limit from Cap1.

I really don't understand why they aren't just automatically converting accounts from the old Cash Rewards to Quicksilver since it's the new version and the Cash Rewards cards aren't even offered anymore.

Needless to say I'm going to stick this back in the drawer and continue to use my Bank of America card.  I had originally planned to swap over to Capital One as my primary since I don't like the long wait to earn/redeem a decent reward tier on the Bank of America.

Message 37 of 49
Vaetrian

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Hmm, if they are switching you guys to the Quicksilver (not the Quicksilver One), that is a Visa Signature card and I thought those came with a $5K CL minimum. How are they not giving you CLIs to match that minumum? Is it possible to have a Signature card with a lower CL?

The Quicksilver (the excellent credit one) actually has a 3k minimum limit. You'll get a Visa Platinum if it's under 5k CL not a Visa Signature. and a heads up, I read somewhere in this forum (though may be outdated) that IF you didn't get a 5k CL from the beginning, even after you reach/pass 5k through CLIs, you still won't be upgraded to the Visa Signature.

How Do You Determine My Credit Line?
We will determine your credit line after a review of your application. The minimum credit line is $3,000.

How Do You Determine Whether I Will Receive The Visa Signature Or Visa Platinum Card?
Your credit history and application will be reviewed to determine your credit line. If you are approved for a credit line less than $5,000, you will receive a Visa Platinum card. Some terms and benefits are not available with the Visa Platinum card. See our Complete Guide to Credit Card Benefits for Visa Platinum card benefit information.

Taken from the Rates & Disclosure
Message 38 of 49
john398
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

It has been 2 days since I have had a PC approved from the Cap1 Platinum to the Cap1 Quicksilver. As I stated before, I was told my credit limit would stay the same. I signed onto my Cap1 account just now and noticed my CL was increased from $1750 to $2300. Its not a huge CLI, but it means a lot coming from Cap1, haha. They don't seem to enjoy CLI, its like eating prunes. 

Wow thats great, only been 1 day since they called me about uupgrading to Quicksilver, but no change yet on the capital 1 site as far as desc of card or credit limit, still says Platnium, so I will give it more time

Message 39 of 49
kroberts67
Established Contributor

When you post on their FB page, are you private messaging?  What info are you giving them?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.