Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Re: Capital One Platinum Ceiling

If you wait until your scores are in the 720-730 range you could apply for a couple of the cards mentioned above that pay 5% in rotating categories (another is the Citi Dividend World Mastercard) and you could have a stable of cards paying you 5% in various categories each quarter. You could be able to average 3% back if you got lucky and they each had good categories that didn't overlap. 

Frequent Contributor
minimock

TheBronxBomber wrote:

I called Capital One and the guy notified me that in some cases they have PC a credit builder card into Venture but It's not available for me yet. I decided that I no long want to apply for a Venture card. I'm going to occasionally use my Cap 1 card. My AMEX Green & Citi AAvantage Platinum World Master card will stay in my wallet. I cancelled my other Cap 1 card. It wasnt a year old and the CL was $750. No need to pay the AF if I'm not going to use it.

+1000

I did the same exact thing. Maybe they will figure out that folks are not going to sit in the corner and eat the junior burger, when they are serving steak & lobster accross the street.

:smileyvery-happy:

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

Frequent Contributor
digitaldiva

I did the same exact thing. Maybe they will figure out that folks are not going to sit in the corner and eat the junior burger, when they are serving steak & lobster accross the street.

Love your analogy!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!!!

In the garden since 05 Aug 14...
Frequent Contributor
minimock

digitaldiva wrote:

Love your analogy!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank You......................Ill be in town all week lol :smileyhappy:

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014

US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}