cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum MC upgraded to Venture One!

tag
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum MC upgraded to Venture One!

Those of you who have upgraded your Platinums to a Venture/Venture One/QS....did you keep all of the other terms of the card such as APR?  I have a 10+ yr old Platinum that I have a nice $12K limit on after combining it with a QS MC (that was an old Orchard Bank MC) that has an unheard of 5.54% APR, but this stupid $5/mo "membership" fee that I'd LOVE to ditch!  It's a card that's SD right now, and I just know it will be a matter of time before I "forget" that a stupid $5 pymt is due even though I haven't used the card for any purchases.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 21 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Platinum MC upgraded to Venture One!

@FroggieMom wrote:

Those of you who have upgraded your Platinums to a Venture/Venture One/QS....did you keep all of the other terms of the card such as APR?  I have a 10+ yr old Platinum that I have a nice $12K limit on after combining it with a QS MC (that was an old Orchard Bank MC) that has an unheard of 5.54% APR, but this stupid $5/mo "membership" fee that I'd LOVE to ditch!  It's a card that's SD right now, and I just know it will be a matter of time before I "forget" that a stupid $5 pymt is due even though I haven't used the card for any purchases.

When I PC my card, all the terms remained the same, for better or for worse. 

In my case it was a good thing since my rate is 15.15%, which is lower than I qualified for on a new card at the time.  Other folks with a high rate have reported it also stays the same (for them, unfortunately) so I feel you'll likely be able to keep your sweet 5.54%... when you do the PC the CSR will be able to confirm that for you.  Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.