cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum MC upgraded to Venture One!

tag
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum MC upgraded to Venture One!

Congrats OP awesome job!! I just got my QS1 upgraded to a Venture One last month--loving this card! Enjoy!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat OP!!  (+1)  Just upgraded to VentureOne from Quicksilver with no annual fee:-P

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job! Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your V1 upgrade!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummmmm... Can I get this? I'm going to ask. Are there requirements?
Message 15 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ummmmm... Can I get this? I'm going to ask. Are there requirements?

Basically you ask if there are any offers on your account to upgrade, and they either say yes or no.  Some folks are able to upgrade almost immediately, others (like myself) have to ask repeatedly for years - I persisted since my old QS1 was one of my oldest accounts, and I didn't want to close it. 

I will also add that given the choice of a Venture One or a Quicksilver, I would (and did) go with the Quicksilver.  Venture One has 1.25% rewards with restricted redemptions, while the QS has 1.5% rewards with no restrictions on the redemption. 

That being said, there is one reason I can think of to upgrade to a Venture One, and that's if you have a World MasterCard in your sights and your credit line is under $5k.  It's well known that the best way to get a upgrade from platinum to World is to get a product change with a credit line over $5k, so you might PC to a Venture One to get rid of the annual fee, "hang out" there until you get your credit line to $5k+, then eventually PC to a Quicksilver and pick up the World MasterCard designation in the process.  It's a few steps (and at least six months) but it seems to work. 

Message 16 of 22
noobody
Established Contributor

If I had the option, I would choose Quicksilver.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if Platinum MC's or QS/QS1 MC's that PC to Venture/VentureOne get PC'd as MC's or do they change to Visa?...

Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Platinum MC's or QS/QS1 MC's that PC to Venture/VentureOne get PC'd as MC's or do they change to Visa?...

Anytime you PC a Capital One card it always stays the same network, so if you were to PC any MasterCard (QS or Platinum) to Venture or Venture One, you would end up with a Venture MasterCard or Venture One MasterCard.

They are rare, but there are a few folks on here who have them.  There are also a few people with QS1 Visa cards on here (which are really rare).  Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 22
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I just did the same upgrade recently.  New Venture One is in the mail.  I requeste the upgrade via chat, my first request for an upgrade, and it was immediately after I combined a QS1 and a Platinum card.  The service reps couldn't have been nicer... Cap1 has really turned around and much more friendly in the last couple years.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.