cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Mastercard Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Mastercard Approved!

My girlfriend has a First Premier card with a $350.00 Limit and AF/$7.00 monthly maint fee. She applied for a pre-screened offer that came in the mail.. 0% intro APR till 01/2012 and then 22.9% after that.. yeah it's higher then First Premier but she always PIF or has the smallest balance. Her credit isn't great with few Repo's and collection accounts paid/closed on each report. We both figure she can build a relationship with Capital One and doesn't have to pay that AF anymore.

Few questions... on the approval page it didn't say what limit she was approved for. On the pre-screened offer it said the min would be $300.00, witch if it is no big deal. I had her call the backdoor number and ask what her limit was, the guy was very nice and said he couldn't see it because it takes 2-3days to setup the account?? Is this correct?

She will get the card in 7-10 days and activate it.. she will close her First Premier 09/2011 when I close mine before our AF hits.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum Mastercard Approved!

I think it will be either $300 or $500 for that pre-approval even if we have not seen the actual terms -- it's kinda Capital One's M.O.  Also, it will more likely be enrolled in the Credit Steps program for a small CLI after x-months of good payment history (usually 3, 5, or 7 months).  The turnaround time is pretty quick to receive the card in the mail, but in the meantime, they do have to set up the account so at least give them some time to process it.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the Credit Steps program, $500 starting CL, the rep said as long as she makes her payments on time she will get auto CLI's. Card should be here 27th or 28th! Excited for her to get out of First Premier! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She got her new card in the mail today. It was confirmed she is enrolled in the credit steps program.. it says use your card at least once in the next 5 months and make your next 5 monthly payments on time and by the 7th statement you will get access to additional credit.. what kind of CLI are we looking at here? 250? 500? anyone have an idea?

Message 4 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

She got her new card in the mail today. It was confirmed she is enrolled in the credit steps program.. it says use your card at least once in the next 5 months and make your next 5 monthly payments on time and by the 7th statement you will get access to additional credit.. what kind of CLI are we looking at here? 250? 500? anyone have an idea?

Probably looking at a $250 increase.  Though YMMV.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My girlfriend has a First Premier card with a $350.00 Limit and AF/$7.00 monthly maint fee. She applied for a pre-screened offer that came in the mail.. 0% intro APR till 01/2012 and then 22.9% after that.. yeah it's higher then First Premier but she always PIF or has the smallest balance. Her credit isn't great with few Repo's and collection accounts paid/closed on each report. We both figure she can build a relationship with Capital One and doesn't have to pay that AF anymore.

Few questions... on the approval page it didn't say what limit she was approved for. On the pre-screened offer it said the min would be $300.00, witch if it is no big deal. I had her call the backdoor number and ask what her limit was, the guy was very nice and said he couldn't see it because it takes 2-3days to setup the account?? Is this correct?

She will get the card in 7-10 days and activate it.. she will close her First Premier 09/2011 when I close mine before our AF hits.

What were her scores when she was approved for the unsecured card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

all of her reports were in the mid to low 600's.. we know her EQ is 630 and thats what they pulled. She has 2 repo's and 4-6 baddies from 05/06 on each report all paid. We were both in shock when she was approved.. she has only ever had a $350 CL with First Premier... she is still rebuilding.. those repo's and baddies will fall off in the next 2-3years.

Message 7 of 8
Cali_gurl2284

I was just approved for a $300 capital one platinum card. I was expecting to be denied because I have a four year old capital one unpaid charge off, a foreclosure, and many collections all at least fours old.  My scores are EX:585 TU:612 EQ:611

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.