Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Preferred Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum Preferred Mastercard

anyone know anything about this card? i have never heard of a cap1 plat preferred! BF is now pre-approved for it.  He currently has a QS which started at $300 plat mc, upgraded to QS at 3 months and just did the credit steps increase to $500 but now his credit is way better(no credit to 735 fico in 8 months!) and also a paypal 2% mc at $3000

0% intro APR on purchases/transfers for 9 months; 19.99% variable APR after that, no annual fee

obviously not as good as a Discover offer at 14 or 18 months but.. any ideas about SL? ive been trying for a preapproval for Discover for him to BT his darn Snapon which is currently at 2700..but he is still only preappoved for a secured card through them

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum Preferred Mastercard

Never heard of it.  Did it show up on a Capital One prequalify page? Maybe post a screen shot!

Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

it totally did! and i guess since you can pay with a visa or mc it wouldnt technically be a BT lolBA00419D-B7DA-4EE3-82EF-42D99BC55575.png

Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

or would be better off just waiting on Discover? we just checked with cap1 and he cannot upgrade his current card to this

Message 4 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is a cashback card, Capital One Platinum isn't.

Both may offer 0% BT but after he finishes the BT, what will he use the card for?

Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i knew that much LOL

i mean honestly.. im really not sure at this moment.. he's in love with his paypal card and could really care less about anything else LOL.. so does he really need another cash back card when he does just fine with the paypal.

my thought was to eventually close the original cap1 card as its obviously in the "credit steps" bucket and going nowhere.. and i also personally think he should have his own care credit considering his health issues..

Message 6 of 47
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I've never heard of it either...not a big fan of Capital One tho.  They aren't the worst, but they aren't the best.

I'd keep waiting for Discover if I was you...him...it...whatever.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha!.. ok thanks. the "preferred" got me all excited thinking it was something special LOL

Message 8 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked Capital One prequalify and I am also now seeing this "Capital One Platinum Preferred" available, it wasn't there for me last week. I have a Platinum that I upgraded to a Quicksilver but I might pickup another Capital One card in the future since the one I have now is probably stuck in a rebuilder tier.

Also, it shows "Enjoy no annual fee, plus unlimited 1% cash back on purchases" for the Platinum Preferred

Message 9 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

crestfallen wrote:

I just checked Capital One prequalify and I am also now seeing this "Capital One Platinum Preferred" available, it wasn't there for me last week. I have a Platinum that I upgraded to a Quicksilver but I might pickup another Capital One card in the future since the one I have now is probably stuck in a rebuilder tier.

Also, it shows "Enjoy no annual fee, plus unlimited 1% cash back on purchases" for the Platinum Preferred

ah BF doesnt have the 1% cash back but he gets 2% on his paypal anyway

wonder if its some kind of new card i couldnt find any info on it..
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.