Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum and Classic Platinum Pre Approval

tag
rcolombe
Contributor

Capital One Platinum and Classic Platinum Pre Approval

Hello everyone.

I am in the begining stages of rebuilding my credit. I recently was pre-approved for the Cap1 Platinum and Classic Platinum.

I am very leary of applying for anything. I don't want to take any unnecessary HP's. 

My Equifax Fico just jumped from a 555 to a 596. So I'm feeling a bit more confident.

I know theres a chance I can be denied. What do you all suggest?

More detailed info on my credit is below.

Thanks in advance!

Total past due [?] Credit history [?] Accounts with negative indicators [?]

$2,464
past due on 3 accounts
13 Years

Total balance of  Your revolving accounts [?]Your mortgages [?]Your installment loans [?]

$842 
None 
$0 

Total number of  Accounts [?]Accounts with balances [?]Accounts opened in past year [?]Recent inquiries [?]Collections [?]Public Records [?]

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum and Classic Platinum Pre Approval

You would likely get better response in the rebuilding thread.  

I would suggest that you not apply for either CapOne card at this time.  You would be better served to work on having the collection account removed from your report.  Also, your information indicates you have six accounts with negative indicators.  I would work to get those issues resolved before applying or accepting any offers.  A HP would not help your situation right now.  If you can get some of those negatives taken care of, you would be more likely to receive a favorable response from CapOne.  

** Request to move to Rebuilding thread.

Message 2 of 3
rcolombe
Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum and Classic Platinum Pre Approval

I apologizie for posting in the wrong forum.

Thank you for the advice. I've already gotten a secured card. With my fast credit jump I'm just getting anxious to test the waters.

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.