Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Paid CC

tag
jfkg28
Established Member

Capital One Pre-Paid CC

So I got a capital one mastercard for rebuilding credit. Got a $200 line of credit with only $100 refundable deposit.

Should I worry about increasing the credit limit? Also, Should i get another card for rebuilding credit and if so which one?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Pre-Paid CC

@jfkg28 wrote:

So I got a capital one mastercard for rebuilding credit. Got a $200 line of credit with only $100 refundable deposit.

Should I worry about increasing the credit limit? Also, Should i get another card for rebuilding credit and if so which one?

I would not increase the limit of the Cap-1 unless I had lots of excess cash laying around, I would instead open other secured cards. You really need 3 revolving bankcards to help maximize your FICO score. SDFCU is one I would go for, top become a member its a SP and if you have the funds in savings to open the secured card and do it by phone its also a SP from what I have read. You can also check with your local CUs to see if they can help, they are more forgiving than banks and are willing to help. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.