Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qual for Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-Qual for Visa Signature

You may or may not get the visa signature. It depends on the limit you are approved for.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You may or may not get the visa signature. It depends on the limit you are approved for.

Ok, that's my concern. I'm being enticed by the possibility of it being a Visa Signature. It wasn't even on my radar before then. But I see it has better rewards than the Freedom, unless I'm spending in the rotating 5% categories on that one. 

The APR they offered is 17.9%. My other limits are $1500, $1100, $1100, $1000 and $250 on the secured card (first card I opened when I started my credit rebuild, my jumping point and the limit I chose personally). We did the prequal for my husband this morning too on Capital One. His credit isn't good at all really, his FAKOs are 630s and his only other credit source is our vehicle loan. They approved him for the Platinum with a $3,000 limit. I'm sure the underwriting is different for the different cards though. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

Just a heads up. Visa Signature doesn't mean it has a minimum of 5,000. You can be approved for 3,000.

Edit

This part confused me a bit. Does that mean a starting limit of $3,000 can still be a Visa Signature? Or it wouldn't be unless the limit is at least $5000 at approval?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, that's my concern. I'm being enticed by the possibility of it being a Visa Signature. It wasn't even on my radar before then. But I see it has better rewards than the Freedom, unless I'm spending in the rotating 5% categories on that one. 

The APR they offered is 17.9%. My other limits are $1500, $1100, $1100, $1000 and $250 on the secured card (first card I opened when I started my credit rebuild, my jumping point and the limit I chose personally). We did the prequal for my husband this morning too on Capital One. His credit isn't good at all really, his FAKOs are 630s and his only other credit source is our vehicle loan. They approved him for the Platinum with a $3,000 limit. I'm sure the underwriting is different for the different cards though. 

The QS is a really good card with or without it being a signature. Mine has a CL of $5300 and is not a sig because it started as the Journey card. The rewards post immediately and are really easy to cash out. Honestly, I don't think I have ever used the signature perks on any of my other cards. I think you stand a fair chance of getting a pretty good starting limit but I'm no expert.

It will NOT be a signature UNLESS it has a starting limit of at least 5K.

Message 14 of 21
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Just a heads up. Visa Signature doesn't mean it has a minimum of 5,000. You can be approved for 3,000.

Edit

This part confused me a bit. Does that mean a starting limit of $3,000 can still be a Visa Signature? Or it wouldn't be unless the limit is at least $5000 at approval?

The latter

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, thanks so much Smiley Happy

Alrighty, I'll think on it then, I still have a day or two before that account will update. The statement cuts today and according to my past report it reported on the 21st, so hopefully I'll be able to jump on my tiny little mini spree soon. I've been looking for a third card to round out my spree, I want to get them done, close out the secured card and get my moo-lah back and then garden indefinitely until we're ready to go house shopping in a few years. 

Unless you guys can think of a third card to round out the Freedom and the Amex ED? Assuming I get approved for both that is. 

Message 16 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Alrighty, I'll think on it then, I still have a day or two before that account will update. The statement cuts today and according to my past report it reported on the 21st, so hopefully I'll be able to jump on my tiny little mini spree soon. I've been looking for a third card to round out my spree, I want to get them done, close out the secured card and get my moo-lah back and then garden indefinitely until we're ready to go house shopping in a few years. 

Unless you guys can think of a third card to round out the Freedom and the Amex ED? Assuming I get approved for both that is. 

There is not much mapping between CL and Sig/non-sig.   I have two Quicksilvers:

1) CL $35K This is a plat

2) CL $20K  This is a sig

Also, at least some of us put VERY little value on Sig.   What benefits do you think you would use?   I am asking because this seems to be criticial for you and not sure why!    The QS is a very good card with it's No Hassle redemption.   I think the Citi Double Cash has reduced its appeal somewhat, but as an everyday non-category spend card, it is very worthwhile, Sig or Plat.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is not much mapping between CL and Sig/non-sig.   I have two Quicksilvers:

1) CL $35K This is a plat

2) CL $20K  This is a sig

Also, at least some of us put VERY little value on Sig.   What benefits do you think you would use?   I am asking because this seems to be criticial for you and not sure why!    The QS is a very good card with it's No Hassle redemption.   I think the Citi Double Cash has reduced its appeal somewhat, but as an everyday non-category spend card, it is very worthwhile, Sig or Plat.

Not critical at all, just like the idea of the perks. I may or may not use them, but nice to know they're there if I want to. I am a bargain shopper, I like the idea of the discounts on shopping. We don't travel now but plan to change that in the future and are setting ourselves up to be able to, and I'm picking cards that will give us benefits and perks when we do. I'm also looking at cash back reward cards for the obvious reasons. 

Like I said, it wasn't even on my radar before this morning. Whether it ends up a siggy card was important for the fact that I wanted to make sure the card was going to be worthwhile and that was a perk of it. But you guys all seem to be quite happy with it regardless of whether it's a siggy or not, so that makes me want to add it to my portfolio. I just hadn't done the research on it yet as I've done for the other cards so far so I wasn't sure if it was something I should pursue Smiley Happy 

I don't plan on applying for tons of cards, don't want tons of cards, I just want to add some regular cards to my accounts, so far the only one I have is the secured card and the rest are store cards. I'd like to pick ones that can grow with me and continue to offer rewards beyond their startup bonuses. 

Message 18 of 21
ddemari
Super Contributor

Last year i was prequaled for quicksilver ventureone and platimun prestige. I apped for Ventureone, immediate 5k visa sig approval

I apped next for QS visa, immediate 3k platinum approved. Called them and they gave me 6k. With QS it can go either way
Message 19 of 21
black_citi
Established Contributor

I just checked their site to see if I prequal for any cards and I prequaled the the venture and quicksilver visa. I currently have the qs master card. I want the visa. It said I have 0% the first year and 17.99% after. No annual fee which is nice.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.