cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qual site doesn't match me up now.....

tag
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Pre-Qual site doesn't match me up now.....

I guess having a Cap 1 Platinum at $5000 CL and Venture at $15000 CL is enough according to the Cap One Pre-Qual website.  I tried to see they would pre-qualify me for and it came back with a "Sorry, we cannot find any matching offer."

But, hey, 20K worth of credit is plenty for now....  Time for me to garden until my BK falls off !!!  The filing date was August 7, 2006 so that will be 16 months in the garden for me!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-Qual site doesn't match me up now.....

Citi used to prequal me at the highest APR, now I don't get a single prequal no matter what I do.

They do send me mailers for the Diamond Preferred...

Message 2 of 9
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@pi-r-squared wrote:

I guess having a Cap 1 Platinum at $5000 CL and Venture at $15000 CL is enough according to the Cap One Pre-Qual website.  I tried to see they would pre-qualify me for and it came back with a "Sorry, we cannot find any matching offer."

But, hey, 20K worth of credit is plenty for now....  Time for me to garden until my BK falls off !!!  The filing date was August 7, 2006 so that will be 16 months in the garden for me!!

I've noticed quite the opposite for me, since when I app'd for the Quicksilver in Feb -- I had no prequals available.  Now the Quicksilver just started reporting after the 2nd statement cut and I did the prequal yesterday and it said: Venture, Venture one, or Quicksilver.  Nice to know I can pick up a Venture now, if ever neededSmiley Very Happy

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 9
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Rare prequal in the mail......been hoping to get a Venture offer after I closed all Cap 1 cards that were transitioned cards.....no offer yet from Cap 1.....maybe they are glad I left

Message 4 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Can you get 2 capital1 cards at the same time?
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
Can you get 2 capital1 cards at the same time?

Yes, you can have up to 5 accounts with Capital One. From some reading lately on this forum it appears they may only give you 2 "rebuilding cards" at a time though.

Message 6 of 9
padme
Established Contributor

My rebuilding was maxed out at 2 also.. a QS1 then boom the venture card

Message 7 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

you got the QS at 3k and then the venture a month later and they gave you 10k?^^^^^^
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your EX is frozen you won't get any pre qualify from cap 1 .
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.