Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 551
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

Thank you for the response,  I can manage just fine my husband just lost his job and thats when I feel behind before that I was fine which I how I got approved for the car in the first place with no money down and no co-signer. No I dont want any more credit I guess you could say I was just curious becasue they sent a letter and this was my first ever so I got excited. I have 2 pending GW"s out now waiting on responses. I agree with getting the utli down and the lates. Do you know how long lates affect my report/ chances of getting anything in the furture? Also would they removed any lates since i am current now (car loan)?

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 7/19/16 EQ 639 TU 646 EX 628 Goal 700 across
UTL 0%
Last Inq: 7/3/16
Moderator
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

Lates have less effect on your CS as they age. Since they are recent lates, the damage to your CS is at its highest now. I would suggest asking for a GW letter- they may want to see more payments on time before they'll consent.
Established Contributor
Posts: 551
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

Gotcha, thank you for your help!!!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 7/19/16 EQ 639 TU 646 EX 628 Goal 700 across
UTL 0%
Last Inq: 7/3/16
Moderator
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,749
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

I read this entire thread ronstar

 

First let me add ..having that glass of wine while gardening was a very good idea..Bravo

Second since you are gardening it's the best time to work on those GW while increasing AAoA,Scores and reducing UTL.

 

All that being said I think you made the right choice to stay in the garden and enjoy those free drinks and I'll buy the first round Friday Night Lol

See you in the garden

P.S. More pre-approvals are forth coming in the mail and it's a direct results of your hard work so don't bite now wait on the one that's right for you!!!!!!!!!!

 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,484
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

You should get your util down. 

 

Try to get an lates you can removed, even if you have to wait a few months to do so.

 

Don't take the offer, it will probably be there later anyway.  They will probably send you another in a few months.

 

Here is some advice about your cards and buying habits.  Use the cards for everything and pay them all that you can.  Basically use them as your checking account.  Don't keep any money in your checking account.  What you will find happening if you do it right is that you will stop paying interest on the balances.  You will also start watching your spending a little more.  You might even find when you are the store making choices between Del Monte and Safeway brand corn.  I used this tactic in my spending, I became frugal and I will tell you it has benefitted me in so many ways.  I can buy anything I want!  I choose not to!  Instead I find myself making better buying choices.  I don't need Gucci, I am OK with Lee.  (I actually like the feel of Lee jeans better.)  I am the last person to quibble at the restaurant when it comes to paying the bill.  I save so much elsewhere that I don't need to worry whether someone else is not adding tax into their purchase or trying to give less of a tip.  I just simply drop the card and collect the money.  (I don't really run into this often, but when it does happen I simply pay.)  I earn a bit extra on the rewards and there is no confrontation which might cause someone embarrassment.  I actually get treated to dinner fairly often because of this tendency.  Someone at some time simply refuses to let me pay for dinner since they know I have covered in the past. 

 

I buy the good things, not a brand name, if the two are equal then that is fine too.  I just make sure that what I buy has quality and will last a long time.  I am very happy with my 1 1/2 year old cell phone.  (No, not an iPhone!)  My phablet serves two purposes, so I made a wise choice and did not need to buy two devices when one worked better.  My sister is in the habit of telling me things like this brand is only a few cents more or this brand is on sale.  I ignore her since I realize that even a few cents adds up over time.  Just because it is on sale does not mean I should buy it.  I do buy things on sale, the things I must have.  I actually stock up on sale items even it means that I go through the checkout twice or my fiance goes through after me.  (My fiance used to think I was cheap, but now not so!  It took a while but now we are in agreement and can see how it will benefit us in the future.)  I altered my spending and it helped me get a better score, better cards, and actually a much happier life.  I second guess just about everything I buy.  I take the subway and not taxi's.  (I have a friend who makes twice what I do and has nothing.  He takes taxi's and eats out every meal except breakfast.  I have the better life and a much nicer apartment, which I bargained the price down on!  I have much more in my savings account than he does and I find that gives me extra pride.) 

 

If I see something I like, I wait a few days in most situations to buy it.  Generally, I forget about it, which means I did not need it.  If it I did remember then I go back and buy it.  I made a commitment one day to pay off the balance on my credit card and simply did so.  Since then I have only revolved a balance 1 month.  (That was to actually toss Cap One a bone and hopefully get a CLI.)  Once I made that determination to change my habits all has been much better for me.  I still use my credit cards, generally for every purchase I can.  Instead of paying interest I collect rewards.  We don't need to be rich to get the same treatmeant, we just need to be smart.  My change in habits allowed me to go back to school and get another degree and save $20,000.  I am confident that you can get where you want too!  (Oh by the way, that MBA has gotten me a job offer at double my salary!)  Good luck, garden for a bit longer.  Get the temptation more later when you are really ready to get to the next level.


I swear I am going right to the Garden...... Hopefully to stay there longer than a month this time......
Established Contributor
Posts: 551
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail


myjourney wrote:

I read this entire thread ronstar

 

First let me add ..having that glass of wine while gardening was a very good idea..Bravo

Second since you are gardening it's the best time to work on those GW while increasing AAoA,Scores and reducing UTL.

 

All that being said I think you made the right choice to stay in the garden and enjoy those free drinks and I'll buy the first round Friday Night Lol

See you in the garden

P.S. More pre-approvals are forth coming in the mail and it's a direct results of your hard work so don't bite now wait on the one that's right for you!!!!!!!!!!

 


Thank you and that is exactly what I itend to do, I will have to get DH to shred the app for me as I cant bear to watch lol, gonna work hard and see what else comes my way. I checked my cr and saw that I actually applied to cap 1 5 months ago and got a decline so it would prob be the same now. No sense getting 3 pulls for nothing Smiley Happy

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 7/19/16 EQ 639 TU 646 EX 628 Goal 700 across
UTL 0%
Last Inq: 7/3/16
Established Contributor
Posts: 551
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail


bernhardtra wrote:

You should get your util down. 

 

Try to get an lates you can removed, even if you have to wait a few months to do so.

 

Don't take the offer, it will probably be there later anyway.  They will probably send you another in a few months.

 

Here is some advice about your cards and buying habits.  Use the cards for everything and pay them all that you can.  Basically use them as your checking account.  Don't keep any money in your checking account.  What you will find happening if you do it right is that you will stop paying interest on the balances.  You will also start watching your spending a little more.  You might even find when you are the store making choices between Del Monte and Safeway brand corn.  I used this tactic in my spending, I became frugal and I will tell you it has benefitted me in so many ways.  I can buy anything I want!  I choose not to!  Instead I find myself making better buying choices.  I don't need Gucci, I am OK with Lee.  (I actually like the feel of Lee jeans better.)  I am the last person to quibble at the restaurant when it comes to paying the bill.  I save so much elsewhere that I don't need to worry whether someone else is not adding tax into their purchase or trying to give less of a tip.  I just simply drop the card and collect the money.  (I don't really run into this often, but when it does happen I simply pay.)  I earn a bit extra on the rewards and there is no confrontation which might cause someone embarrassment.  I actually get treated to dinner fairly often because of this tendency.  Someone at some time simply refuses to let me pay for dinner since they know I have covered in the past. 

 

I buy the good things, not a brand name, if the two are equal then that is fine too.  I just make sure that what I buy has quality and will last a long time.  I am very happy with my 1 1/2 year old cell phone.  (No, not an iPhone!)  My phablet serves two purposes, so I made a wise choice and did not need to buy two devices when one worked better.  My sister is in the habit of telling me things like this brand is only a few cents more or this brand is on sale.  I ignore her since I realize that even a few cents adds up over time.  Just because it is on sale does not mean I should buy it.  I do buy things on sale, the things I must have.  I actually stock up on sale items even it means that I go through the checkout twice or my fiance goes through after me.  (My fiance used to think I was cheap, but now not so!  It took a while but now we are in agreement and can see how it will benefit us in the future.)  I altered my spending and it helped me get a better score, better cards, and actually a much happier life.  I second guess just about everything I buy.  I take the subway and not taxi's.  (I have a friend who makes twice what I do and has nothing.  He takes taxi's and eats out every meal except breakfast.  I have the better life and a much nicer apartment, which I bargained the price down on!  I have much more in my savings account than he does and I find that gives me extra pride.) 

 

If I see something I like, I wait a few days in most situations to buy it.  Generally, I forget about it, which means I did not need it.  If it I did remember then I go back and buy it.  I made a commitment one day to pay off the balance on my credit card and simply did so.  Since then I have only revolved a balance 1 month.  (That was to actually toss Cap One a bone and hopefully get a CLI.)  Once I made that determination to change my habits all has been much better for me.  I still use my credit cards, generally for every purchase I can.  Instead of paying interest I collect rewards.  We don't need to be rich to get the same treatmeant, we just need to be smart.  My change in habits allowed me to go back to school and get another degree and save $20,000.  I am confident that you can get where you want too!  (Oh by the way, that MBA has gotten me a job offer at double my salary!)  Good luck, garden for a bit longer.  Get the temptation more later when you are really ready to get to the next level.


Thank you for you advice, I am actually the same way DH lost his job and we got a litlle backed up and relied on cc's to get us through tough spots. I coupon like crazy, staying put in the garden for a while longer!!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 7/19/16 EQ 639 TU 646 EX 628 Goal 700 across
UTL 0%
Last Inq: 7/3/16
Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail

my experience with the capitol one pre-approval letters....... they must just mass send. i litterally get 3-5 a week. sometimes 2 in one day. about a year ago i applied via the pre-approval letter, denied becuase of CH 7 discharged in 6/2004.

10/2012-lender pull--TU-536-EQ-556-EX-550
myFICO Pull 8/10/2013--TU-690-EQ-657-EX-640
8/2013 Lender Pull---TU-671--EQ-657---EX-667
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,749
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified letter in the mail


ronstar7 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

I read this entire thread ronstar

 

First let me add ..having that glass of wine while gardening was a very good idea..Bravo

Second since you are gardening it's the best time to work on those GW while increasing AAoA,Scores and reducing UTL.

 

All that being said I think you made the right choice to stay in the garden and enjoy those free drinks and I'll buy the first round Friday Night Lol

See you in the garden

P.S. More pre-approvals are forth coming in the mail and it's a direct results of your hard work so don't bite now wait on the one that's right for you!!!!!!!!!!

 


Thank you and that is exactly what I itend to do, I will have to get DH to shred the app for me as I cant bear to watch lol, gonna work hard and see what else comes my way. I checked my cr and saw that I actually applied to cap 1 5 months ago and got a decline so it would prob be the same now. No sense getting 3 pulls for nothing Smiley Happy


Bravo on letting DH shred stay strong and place your drink order Friday Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.