Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Premier Dining World Elite MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Capital One 3-2-1 Card

Would PC be eligible for the "sign up bonus", as you would be a new "Premier Dining" cardholder? Or no, because the actual account is not a "new" account overall?

Message 61 of 88
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Premier Dining World Elite MasterCard

Maybe PC in the future when option is available.
THREE hp for $100? Never gonna happen.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 62 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has there been any definitive confirmation on what "Dining" entails?

Any and all food-related merchants? Fast food, "restaurants", as well as fine-dining? Including everything from McDonald's and ChikFilA up to things such as Mahogany and other "high--end" restaurants? Or is it only sit down restaurants? I couldn't find any clarification on it within the terms.

FWIW, I attempted a PC on my QS and there were no current offers yet. Although my QS isn't quite a year old, so that could also be playing into that decision as well.

My assumption would be that a PC'd card would not be eligible for the sign on bonus, is that correct? If that's the case, I probably wouldn't mind attempting the application and just rolling my QS limit into the new card when it hits 1yr old in June (the donor card has to be 1yr, correct? But the receiving card can be brand new?)

If I need to start a separate thread, I can do that. I just figured this thread was still fairly current and no need to open a new one (unless directed otherwise)

At this point we don't have MCCs of course, but I would expect "dining" to cover both fast-food and fine dining, just as most other major offerings do (I realize there are a couple of outliers that separate fast food from sit-down, but the majority of major-players don't). 

As far as if bars/pubs, catering, etc. will also be considered 'dining' we'll likely have to wait until somebody gets their card. 

Message 63 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told I was unable to PC one of my two QSs. I've heard Cap1 only allows two credit cards per person, not sure if that's true or not.

I have 3 Cap 1 cards.

Message 64 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Capital One 3-2-1 Card

Thanks for the information jfriend33.
Message 65 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the PC question, yes you will not get the signup bonus. I don't know how old a card has to be to get combined with another card. I teweeted at Cap1 about the MCC question and am waiting for a response. I'll keep the forums posted.
Message 66 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VS to WEMC shouldn't be an issue as they've been PCing QS to Venture even with the switch recently.
Message 67 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
The VS to WEMC shouldn't be an issue as they've been PCing QS to Venture even with the switch recently.

Yeah, when Capital One does a PC you keep the network the card started off with, regardless of the "normal" network the new product usually comes on with a new app.

(At least that's how it's always worked in the past, anyway...)

Message 68 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

If anybody's looking for an approval data point @Anonymous hit a home-run:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Capital-One-Premier-Dining-Rewards-World-Elite/td-p/4898405

It looks like Capital One isn't playing around with this one...  Smiley Very Happy

Message 69 of 88
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told I was unable to PC one of my two QSs. I've heard Cap1 only allows two credit cards per person, not sure if that's true or not.

I have 3 Cap 1 cards.

IIRC, when I looked at the fine print for the card's T&Cs, I think it said one of the requirements was that applicants for the card have to have 5 or less existing cards with Cap1, as being part of the approval process?

Message 70 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.