Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Prequalify Site Question

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Capital One Prequalify Site Question

If you are prequalified on their site for certain cards,  is it a GUARANTEE that you will be approved for any of those specific cards they offer you? Or is there still a chance you will be denied once you apply?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Prequalify Site Question

No guarantee.  Just highly likely.

Message 2 of 10
Repairman
Established Contributor

If you are already a customer of theirs, with a different card, is it a hard pull?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not 100% guarantee.  Just a really good chance that you will get it.  They will still check your credit file, etc.

Message 4 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No guarantee.  Just highly likely.

exactly. nothing is never guaranteed. but as stated. 90 plus percent chance.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman wrote:

If you are already a customer of theirs, with a different card, is it a hard pull?

Yes it would be a hard pull.  In Cap One's case, it's three hard pulls, one for each bureau.

Message 6 of 10
Repairman
Established Contributor

3??? Ugh!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 pre-qualifier is 99% accurate I'd say.  You'll get the card but who knows the limit and APR

1 HP each on TU, EX, EQ for most people.

The other thing is often the Cap1 site gives you their worst card.  Alot of people who can get a Quicksilver are offered just a Platinum VISA

If your score is 680+, ignore the "Excellent Credit" warnings and apply for Quicksilver or Venture instead of the "Platinum VISA" Classic or whatever rubbish Cap1 is trying to push.

Message 8 of 10
Repairman
Established Contributor

Interesting thing is they offered me Venture and Venture One, Platinum Prestige, and Quicksilver (which I already have).

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pre-qual back in March showed me a QS1, which I got, with a toy limit of just $300... After that, pre-qual showed nothing but I apped for the Venture a few weeks later and was approved for $5k.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.