cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Prestige credit card

Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card

i agree.

 

edit: cna't splel   Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card


haulingthescoreup wrote:

NCUA wrote:
Their is nothing prestigious about Capital One or any products they carry IMHO. Smiley Wink

Many people are only familiar with their rebuilder cards and aren't aware that they have several good cards with high CL's and so forth. And for those who travel internationally, that no-fee thing can be very handy.


edit: cna't splel
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-21-2010 05:14 PM

I have a good friend that is trying to re-establish his credit since he had his previous charge-off's fall off his record. He had no card at all but somehow had very good scores (TU was 727 I believe). He was approved with Captial One 2 months ago for the MTV card which is listed as a card for "good credit" and he got a $15k limit. I was shocked/jealous.

AMEX Blue Cash - $15k, Lowes/GECRB - $10K, PNC - $10K, CIti Diamond Preferred - $10K, Home Depot/Citi - $7590, Best Buy Store/HSBC - $7400, Citi Platinum Select - $7150, Best Buy RZMC/HSBC - $5750, Dillards/GECRB - $4350, Discover More - $3600, Cap 1 Cash Rewards - $3000, Amex HHonors - $2000, State Farm - $2000, Cap 1 MTV - $1500
Message 12 of 18
Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card

i called em today, my application was declined for " missing iformation "

TU was not enough, they want to pull all 3 cb ..3 inq for one card to me it s not worth it!

Message 13 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card

I am happy with my CapOne prime cards. Personal is $18K limit with 5.99% no rewards & no transfer fee on BT. Bus card is $20K limit with 9.99% no rewards & no transfer fee on BT. Bus Card started showing on personal reports last year so not such a great deal at 9.99%.

 

All in all I'm as happy dealin with them as BofA, Chase, Citi. Happier than Amex. Not sure about Discover since they are paying a decent reward only after charging $3000 each year and at 13.9% I would never carry a balance.

Message 14 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card


boamacy wrote:

crap1 is the only company that does not charge fees for using  thier cards outside the usa. 

thats the main reason i wanted the card for .  + hopefuly a high cl 

if i dont get a cl > 5k i m gonna cancel the acct  right away 


If you do this, does it still show on your reports?

Message 15 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card


LynetteM wrote:

boamacy wrote:

crap1 is the only company that does not charge fees for using  thier cards outside the usa. 

thats the main reason i wanted the card for .  + hopefuly a high cl 

if i dont get a cl > 5k i m gonna cancel the acct  right away 


If you do this, does it still show on your reports?


Yes, it will still show up on your CR and age for 10 years. 

Message 16 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card


YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

LynetteM wrote:

boamacy wrote:

crap1 is the only company that does not charge fees for using  thier cards outside the usa. 

thats the main reason i wanted the card for .  + hopefuly a high cl 

if i dont get a cl > 5k i m gonna cancel the acct  right away 


If you do this, does it still show on your reports?


Yes, it will still show up on your CR and age for 10 years. 


 

That's what I thought. So, in this case, there seems no reason to cancel the account right away, even if unhappy with the credit line. You would still get the ding for the inquiry, the ding for a new account, and your AAoA would still suffer.

 

I would rethink cancelling this card.

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Prestige credit card


LynetteM wrote:

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

LynetteM wrote:

boamacy wrote:

crap1 is the only company that does not charge fees for using  thier cards outside the usa. 

thats the main reason i wanted the card for .  + hopefuly a high cl 

if i dont get a cl > 5k i m gonna cancel the acct  right away 


If you do this, does it still show on your reports?


Yes, it will still show up on your CR and age for 10 years. 


 

That's what I thought. So, in this case, there seems no reason to cancel the account right away, even if unhappy with the credit line. You would still get the ding for the inquiry, the ding for a new account, and your AAoA would still suffer.

 

I would rethink cancelling this card.


 

Or just wait till after the new CC Regs are effective.

 

Didn't new regs include provision that if the consumer didn't activate and did not accept the account, even after application, that the CCC was prohibited from reporting? 

 

Smiley Indifferent

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Message 18 of 18