Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change Question

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Product Change Question

Update to my previous post on this thread... I just got my QS1 MasterCard PC'd to a no-annual fee Quicksilver!

(It only took nine years... LOL)

Here's the details:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-QS1-to-QS-PC-Finally/m-p/4460991

Message 11 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

awesome.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 21
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month i was able to PC my (3 month old) platinum Mastercard to a Quicksilver (no AF), yesterday thru chat as well i was offered to PC my (1 year old 4000 limit) Quicksilver one to a Quicksilver or a Venture one... I chose Venture One.So i say go and check with chat you never know im prove that you dont have to wait that long to get a PC to Venture one at least.

Best of luck!

Message 14 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Why venture one or quicksilver?  

Quicksilver is better in every way unless I missed something.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

Message 15 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

+1

I can only think of one reason... his CL is $4k, and the only way to get a World MC seems to be if your credit line is $5k+ and you're doing a product change (I know some have used the EO, but that's a different story).  So he might have changed to Venture One to get rid of the AF, and once the card has a credit line of $5k+ he can do another PC to Quicksilver, and will likely get a World MasterCard.

This is only speculation, though. 

I just did my own PC to Quicksilver with a credit line of $3900, and for a split-second I considered going the Venture One route first for this reason, but I decided to just go straight to the QS, since the 'World' designation wouldn't actually be useful to me.

Message 16 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

+1

I can only think of one reason... his CL is $4k, and the only way to get a World MC seems to be if your credit line is $5k+ and you're doing a product change (I know some have used the EO, but that's a different story).  So he might have changed to Venture One to get rid of the AF, and once the card has a credit line of $5k+ he can do another PC to Quicksilver, and will likely get a World MasterCard.

This is only speculation, though. 

I just did my own PC to Quicksilver with a credit line of $3900, and for a split-second I considered going the Venture One route first for this reason, but I decided to just go straight to the QS, since the 'World' designation wouldn't actually be useful to me.

I guess.

i went from quicksilver mc to venture world mc via chat without EO.

Message 17 of 21
derek6004

I just successfully via an online chat with Capital One did a product change to the Quicksilver Visa Signature. I had the Platinum credit card open for about 6 months before the product change with a credit line of $5,500. My new Quicksilver will have no annual fee, 17.9% APR, and a $5,500 credit line...I'm so excited for my new card to arrive. 

Message 18 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@derek6004 wrote:

I just successfully via an online chat with Capital One did a product change to the Quicksilver Visa Signature. I had the Platinum credit card open for about 6 months before the product change with a credit line of $5,500. My new Quicksilver will have no annual fee, 17.9% APR, and a $5,500 credit line...I'm so excited for my new card to arrive. 

That's awesome! 

You had the platinum Visa before?  We don't see too many of those around here.  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
derek6004

Yes I had the Platinum Visa, before my product change. I dont even see the Platinum Visa offered online anymore, I received a pre approval in the mail 6 months ago for the Platinum and accepted the offer

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.