Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change - Venture One to Savor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Product Change - Venture One to Savor

I got my card today after I pc'd early Friday. So took less than a week and I never got an email saying it had shipped.
Message 61 of 101
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I'm unhappy to report that my cards arrived today but my QS Platinum MC with $8k limit didn't get upgraded to WMC or WEMC. It remained Platinum. Booo...
I also PCd my $33k Venture VS and that remained a VS.
Basically, I'm a prime and sub-prime customer with Cap1 at the same time. The MC has a 24.15% APR, and they will not lower it.
The VS has a 14.24% APR, and no matter how much I tried to tell them that, they didn't care to lower my other APR. Best they offered was 20 or 21% for 6 months. Meh.

Message 62 of 101
FatChihuahua

I did also did a  pc from QS Platinum MC to Savor over the phone - took like 4 minutes.  Bummed to hear the previous poster's platinum card wasn't upgraded to WEMC as a new Savor (despite the limit).  Worth it for me anyway - I just wasn't using the QS at all.

NFCU Amex $4.6k (9/17) $12.6k (1/18) / PenFed Promise $10k (7/17) / Care Credit $12k (4/17) / Cap One Quicksilver Plat MC $3800 (5/17) / Chase FU $7k (Jan 2018)
Scores July 2017: Fico 08 Ex 665 TU 671 EQ 680
Scores September 2017: Fico 08 Ex 671 TU 682 EQ 678
January 2018: Fico 08 Ex 721 TU 710 EQ 688
Rebuilding since April 2017
Message 63 of 101
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Well that is a bummer....but I expected it. Oh well.
Message 64 of 101
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@FatChihuahuawrote:

I did also did a  pc from QS Platinum MC to Savor over the phone - took like 4 minutes.  Bummed to hear the previous poster's platinum card wasn't upgraded to WEMC as a new Savor (despite the limit).  Worth it for me anyway - I just wasn't using the QS at all.

It's all good. I activated the cards, combined them, and I have just one Savor with a $41k CL now. It's definitely a waste of a CL because I currently have other cards with better rewards, so not much use for it anymore. I just hope they won't start decreasing the CL because the spending is going to decrease dramatically.

Message 65 of 101
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@imaximouswrote:

I'm unhappy to report that my cards arrived today but my QS Platinum MC with $8k limit didn't get upgraded to WMC or WEMC. It remained Platinum. Booo...
I also PCd my $33k Venture VS and that remained a VS.
Basically, I'm a prime and sub-prime customer with Cap1 at the same time. The MC has a 24.15% APR, and they will not lower it.
The VS has a 14.24% APR, and no matter how much I tried to tell them that, they didn't care to lower my other APR. Best they offered was 20 or 21% for 6 months. Meh.

Things may be changing with their upgrades... at one time, it was fairly reliable that if a Platinum benefits level card was PC'ed and had a credit line of $5k or higher the new card would be WMC/Signature, but these days it's very YMMV.  In January I PC'ed my QS to Venture One to see if I could get the upgrade to WMC, but the new card came as a Venture One Platinum MC.

Adding to the changes is that some people have reported getting unsolicited upgrades, which never usually happened in the past. 

At least now we know that a PC to Savor isn't necessarily a 'guaranteed' path to a WMC/WEMC/Signature benefits upgrade.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 66 of 101
imaximous
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Things may be changing with their upgrades... at one time, it was fairly reliable that if a Platinum benefits level card was PC'ed and had a credit line of $5k or higher the new card would be WMC/Signature, but these days it's very YMMV.  In January I PC'ed my QS to Venture One to see if I could get the upgrade to WMC, but the new card came as a Venture One Platinum MC.

Adding to the changes is that some people have reported getting unsolicited upgrades, which never usually happened in the past. 

At least now we know that a PC to Savor isn't necessarily a 'guaranteed' path to a WMC/WEMC/Signature benefits upgrade.  Smiley Frustrated

I'm not too annoyed because I did ask that question during the PC, and the rep didn't promise the card would get upgraded. He said they don't have control over that, and they don't even know what type of card you'll be getting even after processing the change. I asked him to tell me the new card benefits after he processed the PC, and he said he couldn't see the new card type. 

Opening the envelopes today was almost like opening a Xmas gift. You get all excited until you realize you got a new pair socks again, haha.

I was actually kinda sad to let go of this Platinum MC. I wanted keep it and combine them the other way because that card was the first and only one I was able to get approved for after my bk.

My thinking with the unsolicited upgrades is that they use the merchant coding of all your purchases, and you get upgraded when they notice they can get better swipe fees because of the volume in those categories.

Message 67 of 101
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I received my SAVOR card today. I product changed from Quicksilver Visa Signature to the SAVOR card. The SAVOR card has the Visa Signature logo. Date of PC was February 23rd. Total mail time 7 days. For those that care about card aesthetics the Visa Signature logo is on the front of the card. The bronze color on my card has a matte look to it which is not as shiny as the Quicksilver card was.

Message 68 of 101
jj10939
Regular Contributor

That's good to hear.  Would you mind posting a pic of the card with your information blacked out?  Curious minds want to know Smiley Happy Thank you!

Message 69 of 101
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Another thing worth mentioning to those who do a PC and are curious to see if your card changed to WMC/VS before your card arrives is to go to the custom image option.  The preview of your card will show the network of the card (previously it just said something like, "this area reserved for Visa/MC logo") will now show Visa Signature, Mastercard Logo, or World Mastercard Logo.

Message 70 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.