cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change using invitation letter. *UPDATE* Success!

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change using invitation letter.

@DevotionToU wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

I called CS and they did a pc from Plantium to Quicksilver. When I asked, she was just like "sure that's not a problem" and read over a few disclaimers and that was it. I started receiving cash back on my purchases the very next day.

So did they send you a new card?   Also, were you able to get the promo at that time (currently they are offering $100 on $500 spend in 3 months).  I figure since I have the offer they sent to me I should be able to have it apply, even through a PC.

I did get a new card but my old card was still able to be used. The new card has the same number just a different 3 digit code on the back. 
I didn't check to see about promo's available. I had received a pre-approval letter but really since getting a card with cash back is really new to me, I didn't pay attention to the letter or what a bonus was.  I was more concerned with keeping my original account date and not having a new line of credit opened as I did not want that to hit my AAoA and if I had apped for a new card it would have been a HP which I also do not want.  So I probably lost out on $100 but I am just more happy to get the QS plus I got a CLI the next month too.  

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 17
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

@BluePoodle wrote:

@DevotionToU wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

I called CS and they did a pc from Plantium to Quicksilver. When I asked, she was just like "sure that's not a problem" and read over a few disclaimers and that was it. I started receiving cash back on my purchases the very next day.

So did they send you a new card?   Also, were you able to get the promo at that time (currently they are offering $100 on $500 spend in 3 months).  I figure since I have the offer they sent to me I should be able to have it apply, even through a PC.

I did get a new card but my old card was still able to be used. The new card has the same number just a different 3 digit code on the back. 
I didn't check to see about promo's available. I had received a pre-approval letter but really since getting a card with cash back is really new to me, I didn't pay attention to the letter or what a bonus was.  I was more concerned with keeping my original account date and not having a new line of credit opened as I did not want that to hit my AAoA and if I had apped for a new card it would have been a HP which I also do not want.  So I probably lost out on $100 but I am just more happy to get the QS plus I got a CLI the next month too.  

Yeh the AAoA was important. But at least now we can get some perks from the account. Good thing is they permanently waived the AF make sure you ask for that.

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 12 of 17
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Quicksilver does not have an AF, only the QS1.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 13 of 17
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

@DevotionToU wrote:

Quicksilver does not have an AF, only the QS1.

Ahh yes skipped my mind Smiley LOL

Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 14 of 17
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

How long did you guys have the Platinum before switching? I've got a Platinum $3k CL, opened in Feb. I too am interested in the QS. I was thinking I would wait to complete the Credit Steps program, auto CLI come 7th statement.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 15 of 17
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

@xsvspd wrote:

How long did you guys have the Platinum before switching? I've got a Platinum $3k CL, opened in Feb. I too am interested in the QS. I was thinking I would wait to complete the Credit Steps program, auto CLI come 7th statement.

Yesterday made 1 year with the platinum. I believe you have to wait 6months. At least that's what the disclosure said

Message 16 of 17
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Had the Platinum since 2007.  Was one of the first cards I had.  

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.