Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Product Change

After doing research here on the blog I decided to chat with Capital One for a product change. I had a Platinum with 8.4% APR and I asked for the Quicksilver with no AF. I was initially offered the "quicksilver", but after being transferred to the representative who would finalize everything he said it was the QS1 and my AF would remain the same. He just apologized for he confusion. I was bummed out because my AF is $5/mo a right now. The cards website says that card has an AF of $39. I asked if I could have the offer that came with the card. They just kept saying that I had no offers for a reduced MAF or any changes to my AF. I guess a small win is better than nothing. I won't be using the card for awhile but when I do I will be earning rewards. Smiley Happy 

I decided to try the same technique with my husbands platinum Capital One card. His APR is 23.15%. He was immediately offered the QS with no AF. :/ I asked for an APR reduction, they said they didn't have any offers for him right now.

I'm going to keep asking to get the AF waived Smiley Happy

Thanks to the advice from this forum.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change

Congratulations! 1.5% is better than nothing, and you can keep trying for the AF waiver or PC to QS out of the QS1.

Trying to maintain that 8.4% and get it to a no-AF card with the 1.5% rewards is an excellent gardening activity.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Product Change

@Anonymous wrote:

After doing research here on the blog I decided to chat with Capital One for a product change. I had a Platinum with 8.4% APR and I asked for the Quicksilver with no AF. I was initially offered the "quicksilver", but after being transferred to the representative who would finalize everything he said it was the QS1 and my AF would remain the same. He just apologized for he confusion. I was bummed out because my AF is $5/mo a right now. The cards website says that card has an AF of $39. I asked if I could have the offer that came with the card. They just kept saying that I had no offers for a reduced MAF or any changes to my AF. I guess a small win is better than nothing. I won't be using the card for awhile but when I do I will be earning rewards. Smiley Happy 

I decided to try the same technique with my husbands platinum Capital One card. His APR is 23.15%. He was immediately offered the QS with no AF. :/ I asked for an APR reduction, they said they didn't have any offers for him right now.

I'm going to keep asking to get the AF waived Smiley Happy

Thanks to the advice from this forum.

Whatever happened to the days where the representatives could go above and beyond and make their own decisions, rather than saying, "it looks like the computer is telling me there are no offers for you at this time." 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.