cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Progress; From Platinum to World...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Progress; From Platinum to World...

I started with an entry level Capital One Platinum Mastercard with an annual fee of $39.00 in Sept of 2014 with a starting limit of $500.00.  5 months later, I was given a $2000.00 credit limit increase automatically and I also upgraded my card to the Quicksilver rewards card.  6 months later, I asked for an upgrade to the Quicksilver card with no annual fee and was also given another credit limit increase that took me past a 5k credit limit.  Six months later; I had seen several postings about a Quicksilver World MC and so I contacted a rep at Capital One (several in fact) and no one knew anything about this option.  Next step;  I emailed the CEO and also faxed a letter to the Executive Office explaining to them that I was very interested in this upgrade.  It took a good month and a half for them to approve this.

The process was not hard at all.  I am very surprised however that no one at the CSR level knows anything about this option.  I was contacted a month after I submitted my letters by a very nice case manager in the Executive Office and from what I was told, you must have a limit above 5k to be eligible for this upgrade, and even if you are eligible, you may not be approved...obviously.

My next target is the World Elite Quicksilver MC.

I have heard that this tier for the Quicksilver card does exist. Does anyone hold a Quicksilver World Elite card and if so, what are the eligibility requirements?

Thanks!

SFTBNWH1.jpg

(Mod edit--a name was redacted per Forum guidelines on "personal contacts"  --SE)

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Progress; From Platinum to World...

I dont see any difference or real benefits of having a World Mastercard versus a regular MC... now if we talking WEMC then yeah

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

I dont see any difference or real benefits of having a World Mastercard versus a regular MC... now if we talking WEMC then yeah

It is always nice to see an intelligent response.  How did this answer my question? 

Message 3 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

from what I have read they don't do anymore upgrades to the WEMC anyways...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Interesting... because I do see this; https://www.capitalone.com/media/doc/credit-cards/world-elite-guide-to-benefits.pdf

I would think that if they do not offer this anymore that this would be taken down?  It would only make sense, right?  

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS is stuck at a CL of $3k.... so I'm not even close to getting a WEMC... but interested in following this thread.

Message 6 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Interesting... because I do see this; https://www.capitalone.com/media/doc/credit-cards/world-elite-guide-to-benefits.pdf

I would think that if they do not offer this anymore that this would be taken down?  It would only make sense, right?  

It could also mean that they have to provide the disclosure for existing WEMC cards that were grandfathered in.   AFAIK, the WEMC tier is no longer offered, but those who had CCs issued as WEMC retain those.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I can remember reading on the forums is that the Quicksilver WEMC was only offered for a short period of time - And it was almost like an "invitation only" affair.  I believe this ended around December or January. 

Currently, the only card that is issued as a WEMC (or has the possibility to be issued as such) is the GM BuyPower card.  I seem to recall someone getting approved for one of some ridiculously low SL (like $1K-$3K) and it being a WEMC. 

You can try the EO route, but I would encourage you to wait until your credit limit on that card reaches $10K +

I doubt you would have any luck at all trying to convince them that you are deserving of the WEMC with a lower credit line.

Just my two pennies.

Message 8 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

People still have the card since there was stories of people here who do have them with the QS but they aren't converting any more... Also it could be for the GM Buy more card which is a WEMC?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 9 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I can remember reading on the forums is that the Quicksilver WEMC was only offered for a short period of time - And it was almost like an "invitation only" affair.  I believe this ended around December or January. 

Currently, the only card that is issued as a WEMC (or has the possibility to be issued as such) is the GM BuyPower card.  I seem to recall someone getting approved for one of some ridiculously low SL (like $1K-$3K) and it being a WEMC. 

You can try the EO route, but I would encourage you to wait until your credit limit on that card reaches $10K +

I doubt you would have any luck at all trying to convince them that you are deserving of the WEMC with a lower credit line.

Just my two pennies.

Mine has a $2,500 CL with a SL of $2,000 and is a WEMC for what's it's worth.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.