cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Progress; From Platinum to World...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Progress; From Platinum to World...

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I can remember reading on the forums is that the Quicksilver WEMC was only offered for a short period of time - And it was almost like an "invitation only" affair.  I believe this ended around December or January. 

Currently, the only card that is issued as a WEMC (or has the possibility to be issued as such) is the GM BuyPower card.  I seem to recall someone getting approved for one of some ridiculously low SL (like $1K-$3K) and it being a WEMC. 

You can try the EO route, but I would encourage you to wait until your credit limit on that card reaches $10K +

I doubt you would have any luck at all trying to convince them that you are deserving of the WEMC with a lower credit line.

Just my two pennies.

Yes, I will most likely go the Executive Office route once again.  I also did forget to mention that 6 months after I upgraded to the no annual fee Quicksilver One and passed 5k, I requested a credit limit increase and was approved which took me over the 10k mark.  The credit line is not a factor.  In a few months, I will inquire about this once more and see if I can't get upgraded to a Quicksilver World Elite MC.  

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

I dont see any difference or real benefits of having a World Mastercard versus a regular MC... now if we talking WEMC then yeah

World MasterCards provide concierge services, 120 day price protection, flghts/tours/cruise/hotel/car rental vacation perks, more time on extended warranties, trip cancellation insurance, and MasterCard Golf. For those that travel, a World MasterCard is a good step up from the Platinum MasterCard. 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I started with an entry level Capital One Platinum Mastercard with an annual fee of $39.00 in Sept of 2014 with a starting limit of $500.00.  5 months later, I was given a $2000.00 credit limit increase automatically and I also upgraded my card to the Quicksilver rewards card.

How exactly did you do this? Was your platinum secured or unsecured? I'm asking because I started off with a platnium secured with a deposit for a $200 limit, then made deposits to increase to $450. After a while of on time payments I was raised to $750. I inquired about getting my $450 deposit back and they told me the ONLY way was to close the account. I told them to lower my limit back to $500 because what's the point of them being willing to offer me unsecured credit but unwilling to give me my money back? In the end about 2 months ago I applied for a Quicksilver rewards and was instantly approved and I ended up closing my platnium in order to get my deposit back. My score took a pretty nasty hit. What's done is done but I'm wondering is there some way I could've avoided all this and still got my money back.

EDIT: Just ignore my question, I just reread what I quoted and I can see that it says you had an annual fee. So obviously that was an unsecured card. 

Message 13 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

I dont see any difference or real benefits of having a World Mastercard versus a regular MC... now if we talking WEMC then yeah

World MasterCards provide concierge services, 120 day price protection, flghts/tours/cruise/hotel/car rental vacation perks, more time on extended warranties, trip cancellation insurance, and MasterCard Golf. For those that travel, a World MasterCard is a good step up from the Platinum MasterCard. 

I'm well aware of the benefits of a WMC but going by OP's signature, he/she already got cards providing them with the same or better benefits so what's the need of jumping through the hoops just to get it. To each his own but it doesn't make any sense to me personally.

Message 14 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

It is always nice to see an intelligent response.  How did this answer my question? 

it was an opinion based statement not necessarily to answer the question u asked... thank you Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

I'm well aware of the benefits of a WMC but going by OP's signature, he/she already got cards providing them with the same or better benefits so what's the need of jumping through the hoops just to get it. To each his own but it doesn't make any sense to me personally.

I wouldn't really consider inquiring about an upgrade with a simple email and fax "jumping through hoops", but it does make sense from the stand point of me not wanting to settle for a subprime card (Quicksilver One).  I do not settle for less.  The game is much more challenging when you have opportunity for growth.  

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish you best of luck Op! I'm in the process of my next increase whether I should just email or ask through chat for an upgrade as soon as I'm over 5k.  I was given 3500 increase after 6 months. I do use it heavily and PIF before cut out statement.  I'll update on  OCT =)

Message 17 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

FWIW I just received a quick silver card form capital one with a 40K SL, Its just a regular ol WMC. It wanst an instant approval and they ran EQ the night for the pending, a day later they ran TU and then a couple days later I got a letter stating I had been approved and what my limit was (largest starting limit ever btw) then just yesterday I received the card, was disapointed it wasnt a WEMC i have cards with lower limits that are. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah woah woah woah.... You were approved for a Quicksilver World MasterCard with a $40K starting limit?

From what we've seen on the forums, the only way that could be possible is if you were approved for a Quicksilver One MasterCard, then PC'd to a "normal" Quicksilver card.

You got this straight out of the gate as a World MasterCard?  No product changes or anything?

Message 19 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

FWIW I just received a quick silver card form capital one with a 40K SL, Its just a regular ol WMC. It wanst an instant approval and they ran EQ the night for the pending, a day later they ran TU and then a couple days later I got a letter stating I had been approved and what my limit was (largest starting limit ever btw) then just yesterday I received the card, was disapointed it wasnt a WEMC i have cards with lower limits that are. 

As already stated before in here and elsewhere they don't offer the QS as a WEMC at all...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.