Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Promotion

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Promotion

@Anonymous wrote:
At one point she asked me, "So you found out about our promotion from a letter?" I just got quiet because I was looking at the screen of the posts here and did not know if I should say, "I found out from a forum post." Ummmm I have to admit that after a long silence and she asked me, "Are you with me?" I said, "Oh yeah, that is how I found out."

Yeah, I'd think saying "I found the # on an internet forum" is not such a good idea when calling any backdoor number. The CSRs would likely be pretty unimpressed.
Message 11 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy I just tried and the rep gave me a short speech about asking for CLI's. Declined. Congrats to the ones who got one.
Message 12 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a low 300 CL and got my card 2 days ago.  I wonder if it will work for me.
Message 13 of 87
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

WOW, this post made me laugh really hard......i wish all of us who wanted a cli from CapOne would call that number and say the majic words and we would get a cli BUT thats not how it works lol. im sure those who got one got a cli because it was their time NOT because they said the majic words.

AND im sure by now CapOne employees have gotten so many calls from people who didnt get letters that they know whats up......not to mention the employees who are bored at work or on the marketing team that browse the internet and google stuff. you know they have come accross this forum. LAMO Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did feel quite silly.  I mean, when the rep got on the line, she introduced herself giving ID number and everything.  The she says, "What can I do for you?"  I was thinking... "umm well, did I call the right number, shouldnt she know I am calling for a CLI?"  Then of course.. I say those words and am waiting for her to say, "CONGRATULATIONS. ... YOU HAVE JUST BEEN REWARDED WITH A CLI." Yeah, just thinking about it is making me laugh right now.  Like I said before, she just started giggling herself.  The more questions she asked, the more I thought, "This is not going to work." 

I think I just lucked out.  I have to disagree with the part about being due since they were pretty clear on several occasions about NOT considering me for a CLI until after my third statement and even then, if I qualified, I would only get one of 250.00.  I am just happy it worked for me for once.  I often read how so many other people have luck with the backdoor # and I never did.  I was just hoping that my time would come soon and was happy to just wait until the end of April or May before getting a small CLI.
Message 15 of 87
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

eddymvp, how did you find out about this? get a letter saying to call and humiliate yourself using those words?

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 03-22-2008 07:03 PM
Message 16 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is cool...I wish Chase did this!
Message 17 of 87
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

not so cool when u call and it doesnt work lol
Message 18 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow CD

I hope that whatever reward you get out of being nasty, isn't contagious! 
Message 19 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

well if that number doesn't work lot's have had luck with this one when the other didn't work

800-889-9939
Message 20 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.