Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS CLI

tag
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

Capital One QS CLI

So I've had my Capital One QS card for about 4 months now. My initial CL was $300. I have been paying it all off in full and charging on it every month to earn rewards. At what point should I ask for a CLI? I have read on here that some have called right away and got it, while others wait a long time. I got another pre-approval from Capital One in the mail for a BUY POWER CARD? Not sure whether to accept that or try for a CLI on my QS?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One QS CLI

Ask, ask, ask! It's a soft pull online, so do it as often as you like. The worst they can do is say no and send you an online message as to why. But it's a Soft pull on your file, so no harm done. Request often!

Message 2 of 5
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

I went online just a few minutes ago and they offered me $100, so I declined it. From what I read, it seems like you get better offers down the road. So i'll try again in a month or two.

Message 3 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

@ALLgoodABQ wrote:

So I've had my Capital One QS card for about 4 months now. My initial CL was $300. I have been paying it all off in full and charging on it every month to earn rewards. At what point should I ask for a CLI? I have read on here that some have called right away and got it, while others wait a long time. I got another pre-approval from Capital One in the mail for a BUY POWER CARD? Not sure whether to accept that or try for a CLI on my QS?

Usually after the 3rd statement is when you can start asking. If you get cli, you will still get the credit steps increase as well.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should request after 3-4 weeks or so to see if that limit increased Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.