Capital One QS Pre Qualified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS Pre Qualified

@Jerry45 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

I just checked the Cap One pre qual site, and I am pre qualified for the Quicksilver rewards. Seems to have a lot of great options with 0% Apr on purchases and balances. No Foreign fees or AF.

Can any Qs holdersgive a little feedback on this card? Thanks

I got this card for this exact reason. Amex is not accepted at a lot of places in Europe, and Capital One is a Visa.

Discover is even worse in europe. thanks

I can only assume. I tried to use my Discover It in Canada and it wasn't accepted. So much for Discover not having foreign transactino fees. Can't have any fees if the vendor doesn't even accept your card!

Message 21 of 28
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would avoid them like the plague unless your scores are below 700. Or if you want a solid credit line that wont fluctuate with high utilization on other cards then go for it.

Capital one is like your evil red headed step child.  You kinda have to love them but at the same time you kinda hate them.

Too hard to work with regarding APR changes.  CLIs seem to be inconsistent across users.  They also like to keep people in their place by encouraging bad behavior, approving duplicate, triplicate, or more cards...each time adding another triple hit.

Don't do it unless you dont have 3 credit cards.

Now, if you dont care about inquiries, then go for it. Grab a venture as well, and pray you can combine it in 6 months.

I could use those same 3 inquiries and get you 50k delta miles (delta gold, folks get their APR reduced to 9.74 super fast), another 50k miles and $250 in airline gift cards (amex prg charge card must be paid in full monthly) and a citi double cash unlimited 2% OR a Bank of America Better Balance Rewards that gives you $25-30 quarterly for free, and even another bonus....but this is only useful if you travel or vacation every year or two...

Friend well said. I hate the triple pull, but chase double pulled me on the Freedom, Barclay's the same. Citi, from what I hear, does a low ball on starting CL's. Amex is tough on carrying a balance.

Message 22 of 28
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

I just checked the Cap One pre qual site, and I am pre qualified for the Quicksilver rewards. Seems to have a lot of great options with 0% Apr on purchases and balances. No Foreign fees or AF.

Can any Qs holdersgive a little feedback on this card? Thanks

I got this card for this exact reason. Amex is not accepted at a lot of places in Europe, and Capital One is a Visa.

Discover is even worse in europe. thanks

I can only assume. I tried to use my Discover It in Canada and it wasn't accepted. So much for Discover not having foreign transactino fees. Can't have any fees if the vendor doesn't even accept your card!

Agreed. Discover is impossible to use in London or Paris, from experience.

Message 23 of 28
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Honestly, I think people overweigh inquiries.  I would rather have a $10k card with no fee and 1.5 cash back than a single pull for $2500.

Cap One has been very very generous to me, so I am partial.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would avoid them like the plague unless your scores are below 700. Or if you want a solid credit line that wont fluctuate with high utilization on other cards then go for it.

Capital one is like your evil red headed step child.  You kinda have to love them but at the same time you kinda hate them.

Too hard to work with regarding APR changes.  CLIs seem to be inconsistent across users.  They also like to keep people in their place by encouraging bad behavior, approving duplicate, triplicate, or more cards...each time adding another triple hit.

Don't do it unless you dont have 3 credit cards.

Now, if you dont care about inquiries, then go for it. Grab a venture as well, and pray you can combine it in 6 months.

I could use those same 3 inquiries and get you 50k delta miles (delta gold, folks get their APR reduced to 9.74 super fast), another 50k miles and $250 in airline gift cards (amex prg charge card must be paid in full monthly) and a citi double cash unlimited 2% OR a Bank of America Better Balance Rewards that gives you $25-30 quarterly for free, and even another bonus....but this is only useful if you travel or vacation every year or two...

Friend well said. I hate the triple pull, but chase double pulled me on the Freedom, Barclay's the same. Citi, from what I hear, does a low ball on starting CL's. Amex is tough on carrying a balance.

These are all true.  But as much as we'd like a huge limit on a quicksilver or double cash, it doesnt always make sense. If you are carrying a balances accruing interest on these for more than a few months it cancels out the point of having a bonus to begin with.

Citi and chase can double pull, that is correct, however Chase lets you combine Apps. So you could grab two+ cards for either 1-2 inquiries.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Honestly, I think people overweigh inquiries.  I would rather have a $10k card with no fee and 1.5 cash back than a single pull for $2500.

Ok, but look at how many cards you have from them. I am i no room to talk having 3 amex cards, but they are all 3 very different.

Yours are all basically the same.  What are your APRs  on each one? I assume you combined apps at least once?

I am biased against inquiries. Only because I have so many.

Message 26 of 28
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

I love my quicksilver card and capital one. I highly recommend it.
Message 27 of 28
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Ok, but look at how many cards you have from them. I am i no room to talk having 3 amex cards, but they are all 3 very different.

Yours are all basically the same.  What are your APRs  on each one? I assume you combined apps at least once?

I am biased against inquiries. Only because I have so many.

My APRs are high but I pay no interest so I do not care.

I make $100 per month off Cap One with a total of $59 per year in annual fees and a total of $0 in interest so I am very happy.

I have a total of 4 cards from them now = $50k CL (closed 3 lower tier).

The whole point of worrying about inquiries is to get more credit, the barely affect your score if you have a lot of credit, and don't affect you at all if you don't need more credit.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.