Did you mean: 

Capital One QS1 - Credit Lines Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS1 - Credit Lines Question

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
his point is that the QS1 won't get as high as the QS. he wasn't trying to be negative.

Yeah, I know that QS1 is a lower tier card... I'm just curious if people out there who do have the QS1 hit a cap on CLI or whether it's possible to get a big jump. Ideally, I would love to see them increase my $1500 QS1 to $3500 or $4500 in my next increase due Oct 14. I've only seen on person specifically mention going from $1k to $2k and then from $2k to $6k on the QS1... my entire goal will be to combine it with a prime card just as soon as I can get approved for one.. which is probably realistic in 2014 based on the score jumps I expect in the next 60 days.

I have a platinum and a QS1 The QS1 was actually an orchard bank card that became a cap one platinum. In July of 2014 it was auto cli'd from $325 to $750. After reading about a lot of $3000 six month increases I started using the whole credit line. All I did was charge it up to near the $750 limit then pay almost all of it off and let it report a little then charge it up again. Only once a month. In January of this year I got the $3000 increase to $3750. I use it a lot for a lot of big charges now and pay big payments and this last 6 month review I got another $1000 bringing it up to $4750.

So I got $4000 in one year. I also got $3000 more on my platinum. I think they're getting about as big as they're gonna get but I tried for a Venture a while back when everybody was getting 20 and thirty thousand dollar limits but was declined. Anyway, to answer your question I'm at just under $5000 but I don't expect a whole lot more.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my QS1 started at $1000 in June. Now it's up to $4000 just a few months later. I suspect by 1 year I'll hit that $5000 mark.

However, my reports are clean and pretty and I really shouldn't have a QS1 at this point, but I'm just waiting til 6 months to PC to a QS, then combine limits with my Platinum.

(Edit: spelling)

Message 32 of 35
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you be willing to give up one weekend a month? Smiley Wink

You joke... but I'm a systems engineer/analyst... I've considered seeing if any branch could use me for a weekend. I kid you not. I know Navy Federal is amaze. I'm 37.. not sure anyone would want me.

Totally off topic but hey fellow IT employee Smiley Happy 

I work in IT sec, but we're short staffed on warm bodies, so I cover the helpdesk a couple nights a week. I just spent 20 minutes troubleshooting a reporting issue only to discover the drive that houses the SQL database is full and SQL crapped out. Luckily they're virtual disks, so I was able to increase the drive space in 10 seconds Smiley Happy 

Message 33 of 35
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I went from 3,000 to 3,500 in 6 months then to 12,500 6 months later on my qs mc below.

i have found that when cli are declined over and over, i can apply for new cards and get higher limits.

YMMV.

BTW I charge 5-6k per month and pay weekly.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I have a QS1 with the following history:

10/14/14: $300 Open

02/14/14: $100 CLI Button ($400 Total Line)

04/14/14: $350 Credit Steps ($750 Total Line)

04/14/14: $750 CLI via EO same day ($1500 Total Line)

Once the line hit $1500, I have been using that card like a mad man... running $17,000 through the card and constantly paying PIF 2-3 times monthly.

My question... is it possible to get the QS1 north of $5000 after only a year of usage?

Will I be rewarded for putting $17k through the card.. or likely receive a token increase of $1000 at 1 year mark? I'm 30 days away and really hoping for a good increase.

Wasn't sure if non signature versions of the card typically stay well below the $5000 mark? Anyone have success growing a QS1 past $4-5k in one year?

NOTE: I have a Secured card with them too, about to hit 2 years old... $2250 limit ($1901 of which is my deposits)... hoping to not need it in the future.

My first QS1 started at 1k in April and got a CLI to 5k in June, I think. My 6th statement will generate on 09/28/15, so we will see what I get on that. I am only betting on $500 since my first increase was so big. So yes, a non-siggy QS1 can end up at or above 5k, easily.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.